Terraria - 2D Minecraft More focused on RPG/Action, surprise 1.3 :^)

Author Topic: Terraria - 2D Minecraft More focused on RPG/Action, surprise 1.3 :^)  (Read 1280265 times)

I haven't played Terraria since before 1.1, how much has changed?
theres so much stuff added since then its probably best to just play the game and see for yourself

are star cannons still useful?
still in expert, gearing up for WoF
pretty much finished everything else because i'm waiting for my friend before doing WoF
star cannons used to be really good, and stars are easy to get, i'm wondering if they're still worth it

I want to show you all, me and kimon's base of operations on expert
http://i.imgur.com/13uqzZO.jpg
Slime Keep, built by me
Hold your applause

wow that's cool

i'm super jelly

I'm trying to figure out how to kill skeletron in expert mode. I think I'm gonna need some asphalt.

are star cannons still useful?
still in expert, gearing up for WoF
pretty much finished everything else because i'm waiting for my friend before doing WoF
star cannons used to be really good, and stars are easy to get, i'm wondering if they're still worth it
if it has a good modifier, it's going to help with the wall of flesh
it'll probably annhialate the destroyer if you're not able to get a Daedalus stormbow with holy arrows

if it has a good modifier, it's going to help with the wall of flesh
it'll probably annhialate the destroyer if you're not able to get a Daedalus stormbow with holy arrows
My friend found the stormbow at some point just before we took on the destroyer.
I loved it.
Went looking for arrows, found holy arrows, fell in love with it.
I want this to never end.

The wellevator now goes all the way down!

Why did you use sandstone instead of hay for the covering?

Why did you use sandstone instead of hay for the covering?
I didn't even know you could place hay. I have never ever gathered hay. I'll try it out maybe.

I'm trying to figure out how to kill skeletron in expert mode. I think I'm gonna need some asphalt.
asphalt is hardmode only though, unless you can get a blend-o-matic from another world
what I did instead was use spectre boots and the kachuchu shield for dodging, and had heart and mana statues hooked up to a timer, but I got the wires and stuff from somebody else

you should be fine without any of that if you have enough potions (regen, thorns, ironskin, speed..) + minishark/maybe star cannon
if you want better healing potions, you can go fishing in honey for honeyfins which heal 120 each
and just a really long flat arena helps a ton, especially with the camp fires + heart lamps

wow that's dumb
bought a second minishark, plain minishark to make the star cannon
so of course it decides to craft using my locked minishark that has rapid on it

good thing my bunny/fish/bird farm poops out tons of money
just annoying to reforge it again

asphalt is hardmode only though, unless you can get a blend-o-matic from another world
what I did instead was use spectre boots and the kachuchu shield for dodging, and had heart and mana statues hooked up to a timer, but I got the wires and stuff from somebody else

you should be fine without any of that if you have enough potions (regen, thorns, ironskin, speed..) + minishark/maybe star cannon
if you want better healing potions, you can go fishing in honey for honeyfins which heal 120 each
and just a really long flat arena helps a ton, especially with the camp fires + heart lamps
Well, I'm not using anything from any other world or character, so I guess I won't be using asphalt or wires. My world is not flat, but I have smoothed it all out so I can run from the center of my world to the dungeon, that's pretty long (it's large). I guess I just need the lamps and campfires really, and I'll use buff potions. Maybe I'll try to go for a warding reforge on all my stuff.

heres how i did it:
1. get bundle of balloons
2. get rocket boots
3. get minishark
4. buy a forgetTON of ammo
5. do circles around skeletron
6. ???
7. congratulations you won

though, get the bundle of balloons is the hardest part, as you'll be loving damned to find a sandstorm in bottle.
you need to find a pyramid, which is already fairly rare, and then be lucky enough theres a sandstorm in there

yeah, I was using a bundle of balloons, specter boots or whatever (speed + rockets), kachuchu shield, and I think a sharktooth necklace and worm scarf
for the arena, it doesn't have to be that big, maybe just like 1-2 screen widths with 2-3 platform levels so you can jump over him