My Reasons for Being Atheist

Author Topic: My Reasons for Being Atheist  (Read 16849 times)

Fixed.

It still sounds like "this guy" represents the atheist you know in real life.

It still sounds like "this guy" represents the atheist you know in real life.
It does.

It does.

You said "this guy" encourages you to become islamic, so how does it represent the atheist guy?

Why can't people on these forums be as chill as an Atheist I know in real life? This guy respects people's beliefs, I'm a Muslim and he encourages me to join Islamic Friday prayer groups at my school. My mental jaw dropped when he first did that.

You said "this guy" encourages you to become islamic, so how does it represent the atheist guy?
No no, I already am a Muslim, but the Atheist I know reminds me to go join the Friday prayer.

I recently noticed he was drinking coffee, when in the 4kids website they say it as it is like something satanic.

I like to bring up something OP didn't say, the "heavens" were supposed to be perfectly still, but then the Earth revolves around the Sun. And how come I can't see the "heavens" if I fly up there?

I like to bring up something OP didn't say, the "heavens" were supposed to be perfectly still, but then the Earth revolves around the Sun. And how come I can't see the "heavens" if I fly up there?
Because you can't find something that doesn't exist in the physical world?

Regardless if you are religious or not, the heavens being in the sky was sort of a metaphor, being blue skies and the sun as relaxing, comfortable things to be around.

Heaven isn't in the bounds of the physical universe, that's why. Flying up would just put you in space. You'd probably die without the proper gear, as a sidenote, you can't just go flinging yourself into outer space. :o

Then again, I suppose that's how you look at it. Some beliefs state that the Heavens are atop of this world, however, much like, say, a four dimensional object, we can't see it in our 'three dimensional' world, but we still are inside and a part of the bigger picture.

Because you can't find something that doesn't exist in the physical world?
Kalph summed it up nicely here, as well.

Regardless if you are religious or not, the heavens being in the sky was sort of a metaphor, being blue skies and the sun as relaxing, comfortable things to be around.
This, too

...why are you telling us this?

I recently noticed he was drinking coffee, when in the 4kids website they say it as it is like something satanic.
How dare they call my favorite drink satanic.