Author Topic: I've come to the realization of how much my life really sucks.  (Read 12929 times)

You know how they say money can't buy happiness? Well its true. My family is probably the wealthiest that I know, but I'm still miserable. If I wanted something, I could get it. If I wanted a guest house in my backyard so I wouldn't have to see my parents, it'd be done. If I wanted a new car, it'd be done. But I don't want those things, material things are loving bullstuff.

A summary of my life;

I've grown up in the most utterly dysfunctional family every. My father was never around because he chose money over love, my mother was an over-powering bitch who hit me and my oldest brother (not the middle one, but I'll get to that later), my brothers and I had to raise ourselves, my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles etc) all live on the other side of the world and I speak to them once a year if I get lucky. I grew up in extremely nice neighborhoods my entire life, I moved from Chicago, Illinois to Rome, Italy to Halmstad, Sweden to Beverly Hills, California to San Diego, California to New York City, New York and back to Chicago. The houses were all nice, the neighbors were your dream blue-collar guys, the schools were expensive, was I happy? No. I didn't have a family. My mother was never home, my father was never home, I didn't communicate with my brothers. I can count on 1 hand how many meals we've all had together (all 5 of us).

My teenage life;

I was always the popular kid, captain of the football, lacrosse, and baseball teams, I was always decked out in nice clothes and such. Was I happy? No. I didn't like any of my 'friends' because I knew they would throw me away as easily as they let me in. I've got 3 people I'll call friends;

Tyler; He's in the Military now, so I don't see or talk to him.
Billy; He's an internet friend and he lives in San Diego.
Lynaya; She's my girlfriend, but my best friend.

The rest of the people I hang out with I couldn't care less about.

My life as of recently;

For the past few months, everything has dragged on more and more, I feel more and more depressed every day, I feel more and more fake every day because of the smile I have to put on to keep everyone out of my face. I'm sick of the arguments and the belittlement by my mother because she only has affection for 1 of my brothers, and nobody knows why. I'm a stress ball to everyone, they come to me and bitch and moan about their problems and then they get over it and don't talk to me until they need it again. My personality has fluttered completely over the past few months, from being the nicest person ever to being a complete douche. I'm attempting to find myself, except its extremely difficult to do when you're alone. I have my friends, but I don't like unloading all of my problems on them, I don't like to vent, I like to get to my breaking point and then cry for a few hours, smoke some weed and then go to sleep in a half hearted attempt to recreate happiness.

When do I feel happy?;

As cliche as it sounds, the only time I'm ever happy is when I'm with my girlfriend, when she's in my arms or I'm laying with my head in her lap, I'm happy. Why? Because all my troubles in the world are gone for the time being, everything melts away except for the warmth of her against me.

Why is this brought up now?;

In this month alone, this is the trail of events;

My mother kicked me out of my room and made me find a place to stay so my brother could sleep in my room (the one she likes)

My basement flooded 3 feet of water.

My basement had an electrical fire because of the previously mentioned water.

Today;

I was with my girlfriend and there was a tornado, when I got driven home, I couldn't get into my house because there was a 40,000watt, no that's not a typo, fourty THOUSAND watt power line in my lawn and I couldn't get within a block of my house for fear of getting electrocuted, and if I would the police would detain me. So I sat outside calling my mother, I called her 102 times to see what's wrong, when she finally answers 2 hours later of me sitting in the pouring rain that's freezing cold, she says to me 'why the forget did you call me so many times?' My response 'well, I'm stuck outside the house because the tornado knocked powerlines out and they won't let me in the house' she said 'not my problem where you go, I'm safe and at someones house, good luck' and she hung up on me. Well after sitting outside for another 25 minutes the police show up and take me to the police station because I'm a minor and they couldn't let me stay outside, they called my mother and told her to come get me, when she showed up, she looked at me and said this, word for word 'Youre a selfish, helpless brat, get in the loving car'. I said 'im sorry I couldn't go anywhere..' she said 'you should be'. I don't understand this.. forget my life.

Tldr; forget off.

Solution;  Keep your damn chin up and punch anyone otherwise.

Wow, that's awful. Inb4 someone says something heartless to seem edgy.

sorry bro

go live with your girlfriend

pretty sure your mother wouldn't mind if you left.

Why does your mother sound like the druggie of the family? I really feel sorry for you Monocle. Move away with your GF.

My mother kicked me out of my room and made me find a place to stay so my brother could sleep in my room (the one she likes)
wow your mother is an ass. Your brother too, if he just let this happen.

Billy; He's an internet friend and he lives in San Diego.
aw i made your topic

Solution;  Keep your damn chin up

That's what I've been doing for the past 17 years and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

sorry bro

go live with your girlfriend

pretty sure your mother wouldn't mind if you left.

I would, except I can't move in there, her dad wouldn't allow that, I'm saving up to move out though.

Why does your mother sound like the druggie of the family? I really feel sorry for you Monocle. Move away with your GF.

She's not a druggie in any way. And please read above quote.

Call the child abuse line thingie. Take it to court. No I'm being serious.

This needs more sympathy. I'm sorry man D:

Call the child abuse line thingie. Take it to court. No I'm being serious.

Nah, I respect my mother too much to put her through that. Unfortunatly she has no problem calling the police on me.

Attention whore.
JK
On a serious note, your mom is a BITCH. If I were you, I'd still love her, because after all, she is your mom. Your dad... I dunno. I honestly don't know.

Y'know what?

Not to be cool or edgy or anything, but life's a bitch. And we all have to cope with it.

I would, except I can't move in there, her dad wouldn't allow that, I'm saving up to move out though.

then you can live in my basement
i will feed you occasionaly

Nah, I respect my mother too much to put her through that. Unfortunatly she has no problem calling the police on me.
Then what what what what what what what what what.

You make a topic about how bad your mother is then you just say "I respect her?"

My best guess for you then is wait until you can legally leave the house at the age of 18.