bangarangzanga
17 (11.7%)
44 (30.3%)
awful
10 (6.9%)
wish it didnt exist
19 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Author Topic: Battlefield Megathread  (Read 508982 times)

However I will admit I have had my silly moments where I ran through an orbital bombardment to revive someone that was killed by it, but then again the orbital bombardments were a joke lol.

Rambo reviving is awesome to get points and if you want a laugh, but hell for the victim.
In fact, I rambo revived someone twice. Then I died. He then picked up my kit and rambo revived me twice, as well. I bet he was laughing his ass off in sweet revenge.

i just love playing BF2 and turning all of my HUD transparent c:

i just love playing BF2 and turning all of my HUD transparent c:
Hardcore mode!

my current computer is a lappy top, it is a "VPCF115FM sony vaio"

win7 64bit
i7 q720 quad @ 2.2GHz
6g ram
nvidia GT 330M, dedicated 1g memory.

i easily meet recommended requirements. yet i am fairly sure i wont be able to play the game on low settings lol.
i struggle with homefront and mw2 (play highest res but lowest other settings)
though many other high graphic games i can play highest settings easily.

this comp its kind of dependent on the game engine and how well the game was made.

are there any hints out there about how frostbite2 runs? it brings a lot of new, and advanced tech to gaming computers.  is it a new resource hog, or is it made "well"?

my current computer is a lappy top, it is a "VPCF115FM sony vaio"

win7 64bit
i7 q720 quad @ 2.2GHz
6g ram
nvidia GT 330M, dedicated 1g memory.

i easily meet recommended requirements. yet i am fairly sure i wont be able to play the game on low settings lol.
i struggle with homefront and mw2 (play highest res but lowest other settings)
though many other high graphic games i can play highest settings easily.

this comp its kind of dependent on the game engine and how well the game was made.

are there any hints out there about how frostbite2 runs? it brings a lot of new, and advanced tech to gaming computers.  is it a new resource hog, or is it made "well"?
If it's way too complex for mod tools, I guess you'd need a crazy good computer to run it if it's that complex. I'll be getting this on the 360 since I know my computer can't run it. I can't even run BFBC2.

EA is gonna kick some ass with Frost Bite 2.

I mean seriously.

Its got Directional vehicle damage.

Beat this engine new FPS.

EA is gonna kick some ass with Frost Bite 2.

I mean seriously.

Its got Directional vehicle damage.

Beat this engine new FPS.
I have a strong feeling that you don't even know what that is.

I have a strong feeling that you don't even know what that is.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/frostbite2

New engine?

Better everything? Almost?

Better Engine=More gameplay Possibilitys?

What am I missing?

Tell me what "Directional Vehicle Damage" is without looking at or quoting the information page.

Frostbite 2 is the game's engine in which all the data will be fed into to create the game that you will see, Battlefield 3.

It's not going to magically create gameplay on its own, but the limitations of the engine can define how much the game will be.  And so far, Frostbite 2's limitations look pretty hard for any other game engine to compete with, even CryEngine 3.

BTW, where do I get these high-res screens?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:44:45 AM by Nickelob Ultra »

I read about it earlier.

Instead of one rocket killing a whole tank. Its a rocket destroying the front of the vehicle.

Hit it from behind with an RPG? You just forgeted up the BACK of the vehicle, meaning anyone in the back dies not the driver.

I would also hope and assuming repairing something would be tougher considering you might have to go to the source of the damage.

Basically its wherever the explosion/force came from not just having every vehicle exploding in a sizable death.