bangarangzanga
17 (11.7%)
44 (30.3%)
awful
10 (6.9%)
wish it didnt exist
19 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Author Topic: Battlefield Megathread  (Read 510658 times)

PS3 version has....

Holographic sights???

i was hoping for medic to be a class of it's own :c

Assault is medic in everything but name.

They aren't new, that's how they were in 2142.

I'm just glad that people don't look like bushes anymore.

I remember in BF2 they had like 7 classes or something like that.

i think that assult should have the C4 pack and support have the medic items

I remember in BF2 they had like 7 classes or something like that.
Sniper, Spec Ops (merged into recon), Anti-Tank, Engineer (merged into engineer), Medic, Assault (merged into assault), Support.

i think that assult should have the C4 pack and support have the medic items
That's stupid. The machine gunners should be carrying the extra ammo and the frontline troops should have the medical equipment.

wepon
BF2's Medic weapon was just the assault rifle without the grenade launcher.

They aren't new, that's how they were in 2142.
But there used to be much more classes and it was difficult choosing which one you wanted since there were more classes to select, now they have been put together.

But there used to be much more classes and it was difficult choosing which one you wanted since there were more classes to select, now they have been put together.
Put together in ways that made sense.

Assault and Medic were the same class except while assault got heavy body armor, a grenade launcher, and smokes, the medic got frags, a medkit, and a defib unit. Thanks to 2142's unlock system, merging them was easy, since players could change their loadout based on whether they wanted to play a supportive or purely offensive assault.

Engineer and Anti-Tank merging was a logical conclusion. Instead of having two overspecialized classes, you could combine them into a general vehicle support unit, capable of repairing allied vehicles with the repair tool, and destroying the enemy's with mines and rockets (and an anti-tank rifle).

Back in BF2, Spec Ops had C4, a carbine, and a silenced pistol. In 2142 they got merged with the sniper, and the C4 and Carbine were put on the "spec ops" path of the unlock tree, in addition to the "sniper" path which included a heavy sniper rifle, claymores, and a scope stabilizer. It combined them into a general long range/stealth unit.

Besides, if there were still seven classes it would just confuse the console kiddies.