bangarangzanga
17 (11.7%)
44 (30.3%)
awful
10 (6.9%)
wish it didnt exist
19 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Author Topic: Battlefield Megathread  (Read 508894 times)

Battlefield 3 is one of the most anticipated upcoming games this year, and was showcased for the Wii U at E3 this summer. According to Patrick Liu, developer at DICE, they definitely see the potential of the Wii U, but are looking for a “breakthrough idea” first. Liu said in a recent interview with the Official Nintendo Magazine:

“We definitely see potential in the Wii U, but I wish I had the breakthrough idea for how to exploit the new controller. We’re definitely looking into what kind of new stuff we can do with Wii U.”

We previously reported that DICE developers still haven’t gone to work on a Wii U version of Battlefield 3, opting instead to use all their resources on finishing the game for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. According to the report, development on Battlefield 3 won’t start until mid-2012, with a release date sometime in 2013.

triplepostpagelossaaaa

Timed exclusives are nothing new, and it appears that Battlefield 3 will join the list of games that offer exclusive content on a selected platform for a set period of time. Much like Microsoft and Activision, which have a deal on Call of Duty DLC arriving earlier on Xbox 360, Sony and EA have teamed up to bring Battlefield 3 DLC earlier to the PlayStation 3. According to the official PlayStation Blog, where DICE’s Tommy Rydling announced that Battlefield 3 DLC will arrive 1 week earlier on the PS3, starting with Back to Karkand later this year.

We can’t say that we’re surprised by this, especially considering Microsoft’s deal on exclusive Call of Duty DLC, which has been very lucrative for them. Also, a week is much shorter than the 1 month time frame that Call of Duty DLC gets on the Xbox 360.

We’d like to warn you here in advance that this could be a spoiler for some players, so if you like surprises, DON’T LOOK!
We have all the Battlefield 3 Achievements thanks to Majin Martin93. These have been taken from the Xbox 360 and contain all the single player achievements, including their names and the Mission they take place. At this point we do not know what version of the game these are from, but it’s speculated that this is from a developer version of the game. The screenshots we’re leaked early this morning on Majin Martin93′s Imgur Gallery. We’ve broken them down and posted the Achievements below.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Scroll down to view more.

Singeplayer

Roadkill

Kick the car to kill the soldiers in Uprising

Involuntary Euthanasia

Kill the 2 soldiers before the building falls on them in Uprising

Scrap Metal

Destroy 6 enemy tanks before reaching the fort in Thunder Run

Not on my watch

Protect Chaffin from the soldiers in the street in Operation Swordbreaker

Army of Darkness

Shoot out the 4 lights with 4 bullets in Night Shift

Twofor

Take down 2 enemies with 1 bullet in Night Shift

Practice makes perfect

Headshot each of the targets in the gun range in Kaffarov

What the hell *are* you?

Take a russian Dog Tag in the forest ambush in Rock And A Hard Place

Float like a butterfly…

Take down the jet in one attempt in Rock And A Hard Place

You can be my wingman anytime

Complete Going Hunting in a perfect run

Between a rock and a hard place

Beat Soloman, flawlessly, in The Great Destroyer

Push On

Reach the garage without going into man-down state in Hit and Run

Car Lover

Complete the mission without losing a humvee in Operation Exodus

In the nick of time

Disarm the bomb in under 20 seconds in The Eleventh Hour

Untouchable

Complete the mission without using the fire extinguisher in Fire From The Sky

Bullseye

Reach and save the hostages without alerting any enemies in Drop ‘em Like Liquid

Ooh-rah!

Complete the campaign story

Semper Fidelis

Complete the campaign story on Hard

Coop

Ninjas

Reach the VIP without setting off the alarm in Exfiltration

Two-rah!

Complete all co-op missions

Army of Two

Complete all co-op missions on Hard

Lock ‘n’ Load

Unlock all unique co-op weapons

Multiplayer

M.I.A

Obtain your first enemy Dog Tag

Most Valuable Player

Finish as MVP in a ranked match

1st Loser

Finish as 2nd MVP in a ranked match

It’s better than nothing!

Finish as 3rd MVP in a ranked match

Vehicle Warfare

Obtain all 3 vehicle warfare ribbons

Infantry Efficiency

Obtain all 4 weapon efficiency ribbons

Decorated

Obtain one of each ribbon in the game

Support Efficiency

Obtain all 4 support efficiency ribbons

Colonel

Achieve rank 45

CAN'T WAIT FOR BETA THURSDAY FIAJIFSAJFSAasd

Do achievements just not even do anything or are they like the Badges/Ribbons/Medals from previous games?

Will the old Co-op that plays like conquest with bots be in it?

Do achievements just not even do anything or are they like the Badges/Ribbons/Medals from previous games?
They give you gamerscore on 360 and trophies on PS3. Not sure how it works with PC.

Not sure how it works with PC.
What I meant was if they would award you points towards ranking up.

Hopefully spawn points are placed better this time and not like in Bad Company 2.

Did not like song.

Nothing I haven't seen.

release a 10 second video

???
hur dur make big deal about it.

The Battlefield 3 beta is due out on Tuesday and EA is getting us ready for it's release. In the latest update for EA's Origin service it mentions "Added In Game support for Battlefield 3 Beta." While it's just a small step towards this coming week, it provides just a few more clues about Origin.

I demand Origin Money for inviting facebook friends.