Author Topic: Riverside Military Academy  (Read 10667 times)

I'm making this topic against my better judgement.

Sound Mind, Sound Body

So I told you guys that I go to a military academy. I decided not to release the name because I was scared of actually getting someone to join, but I guess now I would actually quite enjoy it if some of you came.

School Website

Riverside is an all boy college prep military academy in which you are exposed to an environment free of distractions and stereotypical american public school patheticness, and it's where I came from a useless unorganized slob to a efficient organized human being. Sure, it's tough, but it's either tough school or tough life.

Unless you live in Gainesville, you're probably going to be a boarding cadet. However, you can use your phone to call your silly buddies, and if you live within a reasonable distance you can go home every weekend.

The point of Riverside is to make boys into men and better citizens, and put them in the direction of success. You also get the opportunity to get leadership positions, putting you in charge and preparing you for later business.

Everything else is pretty much wrapped up in this really cheesy video:
http://video.realviewtv.com/education/riverside/index.html

It doesn't matter if you're from Atlanta or South Korea, you can apply to Riverside.
Sure, it's quite expensive at ~30k a year, but it's worked out for me and will work out for you in later years. As for seniors, it's not to late to sign up, you can sign up within 5 months of the year start or at the beginning of the next semester.

As for the Recruit Cycle:
It's a 1 month process that gets you into the Riverside routine when you first join. There is no contact except via email to outside the world, you can't go home, it's tough, it's hard, you're probably going to break down and cry one day, it's also really rewarding once you get over it.

Yes, there is lots of shouting and pushups involved.

so yea

I'd go
Problem is I'm a tiny 14-year-old and everyone would think I'm 9 or 10.

I'd go
Problem is I'm a tiny 14-year-old and everyone would think I'm 9 or 10.
same here except i'm 15 :U

There's a kid here who is literally 4 feet tall and gets along just fine.

There's a kid here who is literally 4 feet tall and gets along just fine.
Huh.
Another problem is my family can't afford $30,000 a year.

riverside
riverside muthaforgeta

By the way if you're really coming my last name is Thurley and I'm in Bravo company.

dont rape me

no girls?

:C
No SIR.

Although there are multiple occasions in which you are required to bring a Female companion.

and there are cheerleaders so fasfasf
Huh.
Another problem is my family can't afford $30,000 a year.
neither can mine

But when i'm a doctor one day I can pay them back.

I should have been put into this about four years ago, but it's too late now.

neither can mine

But when i'm a doctor one day I can pay them back.
Well, we'll go bankrupt and face foreclosure if I do even one year of this. Maybe when things start to look better for the economy I'll go.

Well, we'll go bankrupt and face foreclosure if I do even one year of this. Maybe when things start to look better for the economy I'll go.
Well if your entire life is going to be destroyed by signing up then I highly encourage you don't do it! :cookieMonster:

it's nearer 27k anyway

I would love to go if I could.

Military School - Taking away 'fun' since the 1900's.

not dissing your school or anything, but seems like it would make my fun and enjoyable personality IRL into a dull and boring person who only believes in morals and that fun is a sin in every way.