Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 210897 times)

Are you in the minigame/server when this happens? Do you have version 3.7.3? What event are you doing? If you have a moment, please post a debug_server.log (found in config/server/slayer) and a console log of this happening. Sorry for so many questions!

I'm in the minigame. Latest version. Onminigamereset. Okay. I'll see if i can post a log.

I have a suggestion: In the settings for teams can we have an option for hiding kills for just that team, without hiding them for the other one?

I have a suggestion: In the settings for teams can we have an option for hiding kills for just that team, without hiding them for the other one?
this please

Onminigamereset is not triggering when the end of round limit is reached.

I finally figured out that it's because you're using public bricks.

Put this in console as a temporary fix:
Code: [Select]
$DefaultMinigame = Slayer.Minigames.getHostMinigame();Let me know if that works.

...I'm using a RTB server and loading it through the load bricks gui. I'm not using public bricks in any way.

I can try on singleplayer but I dont really know why that should change anything. When I load a save through the RTB hostpanel all the bricks are set to the hosts ownership. aka me.

Then I need the logs that you said you would get. And can you try the fix anyway?

I'll try. I don't know how to obtain the logs from the rtb server, though.

Ok. One more thing, try it with "Use All Players' Bricks" enabled.

Okay, so it's working now, using the fix console command you provided and with all player bricks enabled. The one issue I am having is that centerprint events and chatmessages aren't appearing when the minigame's timer runs out.

Sounds are also not playing with the playsound event (the addon one that adds the ability to play noises to minigame as a target).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:00:49 PM by Megaguy2 »

By the way, this only happens when the timer runs out. typing /resetminigame causes everything to work like normal.

this definately seems like a bug.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:33:55 PM by Megaguy2 »

Greek, check a brick's numEvents before calling onMinigameReset, and don't do it if it equals 0. Calling it on tens of thousands of bricks is creating lagspikes while resetting.

By the way, this only happens when the timer runs out. typing /resetminigame causes everything to work like normal.

this definately seems like a bug.
Thanks Mega.

Greek, check a brick's numEvents before calling onMinigameReset, and don't do it if it equals 0. Calling it on tens of thousands of bricks is creating lagspikes while resetting.
I'm trying to optimize the Slayer_MinigameSO::resetBricks function. At 256,000 bricks, I have it down from about 5 minutes to 8 seconds.

What's interesting is that the default minigame system does not reset killed bricks when the minigame resets. Slayer does it though so that everything is completely reset.

Bots don't seem to attack if the owner leaves the minigame or server.

I'm trying to optimize the Slayer_MinigameSO::resetBricks function. At 256,000 bricks, I have it down from about 5 minutes to 8 seconds.
May wanna stagger that process out a bit. Do a few thousand, pause for 50-100 ms, then pick up where you left off. 8 seconds of lag every few minutes is a pain if you're not in the minigame.