Slayer

Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209102 times)

I haven't read the whole thread but
"Removed april fools code due to badspot's request"?

what did it do
I seen, nvm
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:34:05 AM by Isjix »

I haven't read the whole thread but
"Removed april fools code due to badspot's request"?

what did it do
I seen, nvm
What was it?

What was it?
When Slayer is checking for an update, if it's April 1st, it says "Game Over. Blockland has been discontinued due to legal problems. Thanks for playing. The game will now uninstall." and than after a second and a half it says "April fools!"

The april fools' thing probably would have been more funny for me seeing people's reactions than to anybody else. Badspot had me remove it so that he didn't get confused people sending him emails.

Bots don't seem to attack if the owner leaves the minigame or server.
May wanna stagger that process out a bit. Do a few thousand, pause for 50-100 ms, then pick up where you left off. 8 seconds of lag every few minutes is a pain if you're not in the minigame.
Ok I'll look into it.

How about a setting for gamemodes with limited lives where you use the coloration in the player list, normally used to show who is in the same minigame as you, to show who is still alive?

Also - you have a setting to shuffle teams every few rounds, but is there a good way to swap teams every round but periodically shuffle them? Shuffling currently functions as swapping when you only have two teams, but if one team is becoming better than the other, there should be a way to fully scramble them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:27:04 PM by -Jetz- »

did you ever think about making bot markers, which tell bots were they could camp/walk through/snipe/plant sentries? it could be useful for servers with few or a couple of players.

The new GUI should be like the Start a game GUI regardless of the poll, Badspot will eventually update all the other GUI's to be like it, I could of sworn somebody asked him if he plans to update all the default GUIs and he said that he plans to but not anytime right now.

The new GUI should be like the Start a game GUI regardless of the poll, Badspot will eventually update all the other GUI's to be like it, I could of sworn somebody asked him if he plans to update all the default GUIs and he said that he plans to but not anytime right now.
This ironically sounds like a perfect excuse to leave it the way it is for now. If you're concerned with it matching the base game, then you'll want to wait until Badspot changes them all before you do the same.

Slayer reset does NOT trigger on mini game reset. Fix itttt

Apparently, as I heard from Zay, there's something wrong with being able to pick up your own flag. Do you know anything about this?

Slayer reset does NOT trigger on mini game reset. Fix itttt
yup

Apparently, as I heard from Zay, there's something wrong with being able to pick up your own flag. Do you know anything about this?
That should have been fixed in the latest version of CTF. I did a lot of testing. What is wrong exactly?

That should have been fixed in the latest version of CTF. I did a lot of testing. What is wrong exactly?
It's a problem where you are carrying the enemy's flag, and you pick up your team's flag, that your enemy dropped. What happens is that, your flag permanently disappears. Although, that is only if you set it to Manual Return, instead of Instant Recovery.

It's a problem where you are carrying the enemy's flag, and you pick up your team's flag, that your enemy dropped. What happens is that, your flag permanently disappears. Although, that is only if you set it to Manual Return, instead of Instant Recovery.

Ok, thanks. Are there any other CTF things I should change before I update it?

Nope, I cannot duplicate it. Try re-downloading CTF to make sure you have the latest version. http://forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=3756
I believe you have v5, not v6.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:01:26 PM by Greek2me »

Ok, thanks. Are there any other CTF things I should change before I update it?
Not that I know of. Also, to be able to change the type of CTF Flag, do you need to reset the server?

Nope, I cannot duplicate it. Try re-downloading CTF to make sure you have the latest version. http://forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=3756
I believe you have v5, not v6.
stuff my bad, didn't see this. Thanks though.

Not that I know of. Also, to be able to change the type of CTF Flag, do you need to reset the server?
stuff my bad, didn't see this. Thanks though.
Yes.

Did the latest version of CTF fix the problem?