Godville -- Searching for the right path by using a cheat sheet...

Author Topic: Godville -- Searching for the right path by using a cheat sheet...  (Read 23818 times)

I've officially created the "Blockland" guild. :D
Send this message to your hero:
Join "Blockland" guild
a few times and it'll make it his quest to sign up for it in Godville.
Hero's Diary

06:54
Exalted One, are you enjoying your existence while I do all the dirty work?

06:55
A massive tablet suddenly fell from the sky. Inscribed upon it were the words: 'Why yes, yes I am. Deal w/ it nerd.'

07:07
Erased a couple of obscene entries from my diary just in case the Great One was watching.

Godville is this totally amazing game where you are a god that follows an adventurer through his quests across the land. Infact, my adventurer, just finished his most amazing quest yet. Draining a lake with a spoon! Now he is on the quest to measure the distance from here to there.
In this game, you don't necessarily command your adventurer around everywhere to do things. He does what he wants most of the time, although you can send short commands to influence what he does, he might not always listen to you.
Your goal is to help him along his way be healing him, and helping him out when he's in need. For example, if he's about to die in battle, you can 'Encourage' him and restore his health, or send a message to him telling him to stop on his quest and sit and heal. The game is definitely not for everyone, as you don't have a lot of direction for your character, but it's still hilarious and entertaining to see what sort of stuff he gets tangled up in. If you've ever played ProgressQuest it's a little like that except you can steer your character a bit.
Quote from website, this might explain it a bit better than I did:
Godville is a massively-multiplayer zero-player game (ZPG). The gist of Godville is that it is a parody on everything from "typical" MMO games with their tedious level ups to internet memes and ordinary day to day things appealing to a wide audience. We aren't the first who have tried to do this, but we are constantly working on making the game better and we believe that with your help we can take this idea even further.

The game is available on the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Android devices, and web via Facebook Connect.
Heroes

(Mine)

(Munkey)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:30:15 PM by Dropshock »

Android devices
*Pumps fist*

Looks great.

*Pumps fist*
I know. I grabbed it the instant I found out they had an app for it, I use it all day long. :D
Edit:
Oh man I love the diary entries they have.
07:20
Saw an arrow and wondered why it was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:04:49 PM by Dropshock »

They have one for android?

"03:28
Stumbled over something hard. “Something hard” turned out to be a chest of gold. Found 268 gold coins."

Yay :D

also i used all my godpower in the beginning and i feel silly now. :(

They have one for android?
Yup. Search up 'Godville' on the market.
also i used all my godpower in the beginning and i feel silly now. :(
I did the same. Don't worry, you'll eventually get charges so you can recharge when ever you want. :o

07:41
I'm frightened of these scary voices. Going back to the nearest town to get a new pair of pants.
07:41
A voice from the skies shouted: 'Go to the nearest town.' Funny.

I feel awesome

oh man i totally forgot about this
lol my guy is about 12 months old

oh man i totally forgot about this
lol my guy is about 12 months old
I know. I totally left my hero alone for months because I forgot about the game completely. :(

Playing this on my iPhone. Entertaining.

By the way, to give out the image of your Hero like the one I put in the OP, go to http://godvillegame.com/user/profile , click on "Informers" and chose one you like most.

This game reminds me a lot of Progress Quest.

And my character really needs to stop getting drunk.

And my character really needs to stop getting drunk.
Punish him!