Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 421082 times)

I need a new computer, I have €800 to spend and no idea what to get.
It would be great if someone could find and list the parts for me so I can print them out.
thanks.

Bump
I need a new mouse. Preferably a good gaming mouse with good dpi and around $40-60.

Hey guys I have a Laptop (Dell M140) that had a problem where when it was powered on it would turn on the lights but besides that nothing started so I messed with it and tried something where someone said to pull the battery and the cord and hold the button for 30 seconds and then try it again it worked for the time being besides crashes as if it was over heating (Which I don't think it was it was running at 43C-52C)

Anyways it started doing what it was doing before (But now the fan is starting) and I tried the thing I did before but it's not working.

Any ideas?

Bump

I am currently writing this from a working Laptop that just decided it wanted to start working.

I have read a few things about how people have had problems with a full battery making the computer not boot so I'm counting this as the suspect, also I don't know the symptoms of a dying CMOS battery but replacing that is my next step if this keeps dying.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:26:41 AM by Soukuw »

my dell laptop's CMOS battery has been dead since i obtained it
no issues
if it was overheating it wouldn't crash, only do a hard power-down
Bump
I need a new mouse. Preferably a good gaming mouse with good dpi and around $40-60.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153055
personally recommend it
Someone should build a really loving nice computer inside of one of those old IBM/1990's computer cases for the lulz.
yeah i was considering doing this but there's issues with airflow and stuff
especially in a 1997 ATX case
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:39:47 AM by KoopaScooper »

my dell laptop's CMOS battery has been dead since i obtained it
no issues
if it was overheating it wouldn't crash, only do a hard power-down
When it "Over heats" it drops as if someone turned off a switch.

Can somebody make me a list to build a computer for about $900-1000?

The only thing i don't need is a hard drive, because i am going to recycle my current one. im looking for a gpu that is good enough to run bf3 at at least high graphics. im not picky about the case, so just a cheap and sturdy one would be nice. i also would like 8gb ram, and a good processor above 3.2ghz. if the price goes above my budget that is ok if it makes the computer better, but my MAX is $1100. all the other stuff is your choice.

thank you

I want an FPGA that utilizes Microblaze and has all the standard features. I keep checking for one I might like but I'm waiting for my knowledge of this particular cpu's instruction set as well as the MVR and PVR register's different flags to get better.

I can have dreams :(

GTX 650 doesn't seem that great, Still seems like a 550Ti performs better, Unless if a driver update changes that.

I need a new computer, I have €800 to spend and no idea what to get.
It would be great if someone could find and list the parts for me so I can print them out.
thanks.

I was thinking of getting a $1500 computer setup for my birthday sometime in May.
I already have a GTX GeForce 550 Ti Graphics card so I don't need to buy a new one.
Would any of you recommend the $1500 OP computer setup?

It's outdated, parts from 2011 im pretty sure

^ No @Nobot no

It's pretty outdated, let pecon or someone else write you a new build

Edit: herpaderp snuck in there

It's outdated, parts from 2011 im pretty sure

^ No @Nobot no

It's pretty outdated, let pecon or someone else write you a new build

Edit: herpaderp snuck in there
Hmm can someone make a newer list possibly?
I do not know much about what parts to get but I would certainly know how to put it together to make a computer, I've got a few friends who said they would help me if I ever wanted to.

I'll get you a good build, give me a bit