Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 420298 times)

Is that a 12 core cpu or a 6 core with hyperthreading?
What he said, HT.

look at dat video card :c
Why is your refresh rate 75Hz? All the pros do 60.

that's a older picture when i had a small monitor i've been using 60 ever sense i got the new one

also i still have a ATI 3800 HD video card that works 
the dinosaur of the HD cards

My 3 monitors are all at 75Hz. It actually makes a nice difference. Surprisingly, most LCD's that I've encountered do support it.

My graphics card since everyone is posting one:

My 3 monitors are all at 75Hz. It actually makes a nice difference. Surprisingly, most LCD's that I've encountered do support it.
The years of playing games with 5 fps make me insensitive to higher refresh rates. I have also heard of people not being able to run fullscreen properly with different refresh rates, although this is probably user error. Most importantly, my post was mostly joke.

Hey, how would you go about installing a usb port/headphone and mic jack on the front of your computer?

Hey, how would you go about installing a usb port/headphone and mic jack on the front of your computer?
you mean the front panel?

in the market for a low price laptop from ~2006

what's the forums's stance on Compaq laptops?

I dunno if this goes here, but with my new computer sometimes when I middle click to open something, it sometimes opens 2 tabs instead of one.
Scrolling by middle clicking and moving the mouse also forgets up.

friends i wish i didnt have this crappy ATI Radeon HD 4200

in the market for a low price laptop from ~2006

what's the forums's stance on Compaq laptops?
stuffty specs and somewhat slow but decent.
if your getting one get a linux distro and dual boot.

stuffty specs and somewhat slow but decent.
if your getting one get a linux distro and dual boot.

any suggestions for $300 max laptops?