Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 421065 times)

Need help with integrated/dedicated chip issues.
My integrated card runs the desktop and my dedicated card only runs some games. Blockland and Minecraft use the the integrated card while arma uses the dedicated one. I can't disable the integrated one using device manager without breaking everything, I cannot disable the graphics switching stuff technology using ATI's program. Gpu's are 6750m and 6620m (6755g2 technically).
Is there anything I can do that can stop my integrated card from being able to run anything?

assuming you have a HP laptop:

go into the bios setting and go to where i believe advanced.

there should be something that relates to switchable graphics and it should be set to dynamic right now.

change it to fixed and save and exit.
go into the switchable graphics settings in windows and it should look different.

Looks like I'm getting an SSD today.

I want to move my copy of Windows from the Hard Drive to my new SSD, what program should I use for this? The SSD has 90GB of space by the way, so I plan on also putting some programs on it for quick startup.

Looks like I'm getting an SSD today.

I want to move my copy of Windows from the Hard Drive to my new SSD, what program should I use for this? The SSD has 90GB of space by the way, so I plan on also putting some programs on it for quick startup.

i'm not exactly sure how to do that without booting from the SSD with a windows disc

i'm not exactly sure how to do that without booting from the SSD with a windows disc
I've heard of programs that can move it, I just want to know if anyone here would recommend one in particular.

AMD is good for cheaper builds but if you have the money Intel is the way to go
he had like 1400 bucks then didnt use 500 of it

hnng

he had like 1400 bucks then didnt use 500 of it

hnng
dude he's gonna buy $500 worth of research stfu

dude he's gonna buy $500 worth of research stfu

steam wallet of 500

no life mode activated

he is going to have an insane tf2 loadout, most likely.

I need a desktop build with the same or better performance than this.

bonus points if it is easily hackintosh compatible (ie. no hacks/unofficial drivers, just native stuff) (again, this is optional)

I need a desktop build with the same or better performance than this.

bonus points if it is easily hackintosh compatible (ie. no hacks/unofficial drivers, just native stuff) (again, this is optional)

budget?

my main drive stopped displaying SMART data
forget

budget?
I don't know, it shouldn't be above $600 if it's supposed to be compared to a $500 laptop.

just installed windows XP on my second hard disc
upgrade to Windows 7 to keep getting security updates after April 8, 2014 kthxbai

upgrade to Windows 7 to keep getting security updates after April 8, 2014 kthxbai
2 years of security updates doesn't seem that bad.

MS will probably release another OS or be close to by then.