2011/11/18 - Blockland r1494

Author Topic: 2011/11/18 - Blockland r1494  (Read 44358 times)

My game freezes for a very long time while trying to load music for my server.

My game freezes for a very long time while trying to load music for my server.
get rid of some music
I don't think this is the Help section
if I'm not mistaken, problems still belong there
correct me if I'm wrong

do you get these "Lag Spikes" on a map with very few bricks?

Less often, but yes.
I had it with absolutely no bricks around. I don't know why he mentions bricks like that when it's obvious it'd lag with a lot.
I'm mostly wondering why my computer gets these graphical lag spikes that come in patterns, especially because most of the maps don't have many bricks.

My game crashes when I hit quit button (I know, it's pretty ironic). I get that windows crash report error each time.

I also randomly crash if I hit disconnect or re-host too soon after disconnect.

I also can't join my dedicated server now, it was working before this update and now it doesn't work but it may be from something entirely else.

The odd thing is other people can join my dedicated server, I am the only one that can't.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:32:33 AM by Lørd Tøny »

I think this has been addressed before, Tony, but try using a different profilepath when you're hosting a dedi and playing at the same time.

Looks like r1502 just went out, wonder what's in it.

The tree was modified with a single ornament.  There's a full christmas tree on badspot's server.

I'm wondering how the lights on there are glowing.
...A Blocksmas miracle?

I have also added an additional check when playing sounds that you have not downloaded, as some people reported crashing if you did not download music (I could not personally duplicate this issue).  
:D
Cuz of my topic
I feel all special inside

Are they giving off light? To me they just look like brightly colored shapes.

Are they giving off light? To me they just look like brightly colored shapes.
They are brightly colored, and that's what I'm wondering about.  I didn't know you could add certain effects to faces.

Blockland.exe has also been modified in this update, so Badspot may just have modified the engine slightly to make it possible.

I wish that I could see the tree's blb for the new syntax.