Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604431 times)

Have you considered getting the moderator addon, I think it would solve a lot of the admin problems, the server could be entitled to be judged as to many admins in a small server if so. Plus, moderators are the children of admins there isn't a ton of power differences.

bosses are too.. lame. nothing special about them
We have gotten this before, there are actually quite a variety of bosses. While I will admit most of the bosses are simply upgraded from the "normal player" simply by Increasing health, speed, and/or quality of weapons. However there are a few more intricate bosses such as, Dragon Queen which gets dragon spawns to fight with her. (yes they only work when pecon7's there, due to the Queens minion spawns being owned by pecon, but I can easily fix this, I'll make sure to do so next time I'm online.) Another boss that haas something "special about them" is the Skill4Life boss. Which has Its basic attack, a melee attack (left click); Its Ultimate which does mass damage but has a 5 second cooldown(right click); Its speed boost simply by crouching(shift, haha); Then one everyone seems to miss, the bosses "sit" ability (easier use when hotkeyed) this activates its "assist from the heavens" makeing it rain fire. (to balance this crazy ability 1% hp is lost per second) this bosses last ability is being able to double jump. (Boss has very low health for balancing reasons)

Pecon and I can make more bosses like this it just makes a lot more work and time that neither of us have. Also if you all think its a good idea we can edit the current bosses and add abilitys. Problem is, there is only so much we can add to a boss with limited add-ons, yes pecon can add-more but as most know, long load times are hated.

Also would you guys rather we add more bosses, edit/improve the current ones, or both.
Thanks for the imput heedicalking. See you soon.

The Badspot class has too much HP - I have played Badspot with 1500HP and I died during it, still hard to kill me though.

Unlike Badspot with 2500HP I finish a round with 80% of health left.

Please consider this?
Yes it has been considered problem is, this poss becomes easy to kill when there are 40+ people on the server, but when theres simply say 15 then I do very much agree 2500 its quite a lot. The way we've been seeing it is, when there's less people at the server, the "Noramals" goal changes. From trying to kill the boss, to how long they can survive. If it gets to the point were pecon feels the need to add a handicap system based on server player count, I can probably do that for him. But the final decision is his, no action will be taken unless requested by pecon.
Thanks for your imput, it hasn't gone unnoticed and will be taken into consideration.

To all of the people saying that pecon should make moderators instead of admins, I do belive the reason he doesn't want to is, moderators don't have the ability to ban. Banning is sometimes necessary, when someone continually joins the server breaking the rules and being a nuisance.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:07:43 PM by White Tiger (6224) »

To all of the people saying that pecon should make moderators instead of admins, I do belive the reason is, moderators don't have the ability to ban. Banning is sometimes necessary, when someone continually joins the server breaking the rules and being a nuisance.
Moderator is actually a good position for someone you don't trust enough to hold the ban command/fetch/orb/etc of the admins. If someone is constantly harassing the players/breaking rules have a moderator report it to an admin. The admin can trust the mod over a random player. Although admins are very necessary, yes.

Anyways,
Application
Name:
Sord213
BL_ID:
Previous Experience:
With? Hosting? Administrating? I've hosted my own servers for almost as long I've played. I also hosted my own boss battles when my brother was nagging me.
Who recommends you?:
I could get plenty of people to recommend me to be an admin, but for names I could probably get Police man, Visage, Cromedome, uhhhh, maybe crown? Though I haven't been admin at his server in a while. That's about all I can think of off my head.
Why should I accept you? (Please elaborate):
Well for one, I hosted my own boss battles, and my own servers for that matter, so I know that people are stupid and will do stupid things just to ruin it for others, even if they know they will be on the receiving end of a boot. I know when someone should be banned and when someone should be kicked/even warned.
Your Timezone/Region:
CST -6. I'm in Illinois.

Server is much funner now that you added the moving sidewalk thingy, tank turret, and the tower. You really should add a few more structures though.

EDIT: Nevermind, you added some cool new stuff since yesterday. Nice job.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:10:00 AM by Mega-Bear »

Server appears to have gone down, sorry for the inconvenience. I'll not be able to start it up again for a while unless someone has a save, because my save is elsewhere.

If any ADMINS have the save, please head over the server and load it. The password is lockdown.

Please post here if you load a save.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:04:44 PM by pecon98 »

I've loaded a save from the 15th November. Not december, silly BB
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:20:43 PM by Big Brother »

YOU CAME FROM THE FUTURE?!

This may sound silly, but would you mind me making a trailer for this to test my video software?
The reason I ask is because I may need admin so I can get better views via teleport.

Uploaded a save from yesterday. A couple things may be out of place, but it looks mostly the same.

This may sound silly, but would you mind me making a trailer for this to test my video software?
The reason I ask is because I may need admin so I can get better views via teleport.
You don't need admin to get the admin orb perspective. Simply Self Delete and press space.

Server password removed.

I got the feeling at your server that you did not need more admins, although that could have just been due to the fact that you have been recently appointing new admins.