Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1622145 times)

I think Samus should be removed due to its stalling and it's a runner mini boss.

Gentle spy on the other hand is fine.

I think Samus should be removed due to its stalling and it's a runner mini boss.

Gentle spy on the other hand is fine.

You just said that samus should be removed because of properties it shares with gentlespy and then went on to state that gentlespy shouldn't be removed.

Speaking of Samus, I saw people using it, and I thought it was disabled

Had a recent talk with Gamot, he edited his post because he said Pecon denied it for not making the cut

Lmao, this server is crazy right now. "Remove these classes because they are too fast!", "Add in these silly classes!", "Take out this boss that's fast!", "Remove those silly classes we added in earlier!", "Put back the fast classes!" and a loop so on and so forth.

You guys have big maps, you need fast player-types. Don't make stupid decisions.

Lmao, this server is crazy right now. "Remove these classes because they are too fast!", "Add in these silly classes!", "Take out this boss that's fast!", "Remove those silly classes we added in earlier!", "Put back the fast classes!" and a loop so on and so forth.

You guys have big maps, you need fast player-types. Don't make stupid decisions.

Not removing them because they're "too fast". Removing them because they are either useless in Gentlespy's case, or it is trivial to stall in Samus' case.

I don't even understand how a scientist based miniboss is silly. You're not making sense with the loop either. As much as I'd want faster playertypes, if they can be easily abused then we cannot keep them. Yes, Samus has been here forever and a day. Could Samus be fixed to stop the stalling abuse? Probably, but no matter what you do, someone is going to complain. Input is good but if someone is about to attack us no matter what we do, then we need to take a direction and go with it. Not attacking the server, but players seem to decide complaining at the current admin en masse about the changes is the best way to get their point across.

An example of "fixing" Samus just by working things out in my head: Remove the oh so buggy doublejump, increase speed by a decent bit, and lower the jump height. But realize as soon as that change takes affect and people start playing it again, more complains will arise about the removal of doublejump, regardless of whether or not that actually fixes the problems. Of course, later on it might need some more speed, but trying to balance a fast class that can do 200-500 per super missle, along with everyone abusing the "qq glitch" makes even harder to pull off.

I'll add that I am in favor of removing minibosses from the shop completely, instead making them appear at random times ingame for players, much like the golden wrench. Except in the miniboss case, the classes would have to line-up; Rocketman could become Master Chief, Sniper could become CBS, etc. It's a decent bit a work and can't just be thrown out. Minibosses have never been balanced for the most part. Master Chief gets to one-shot any boss at low playercounts, Juggernaut is nearly impossible to kill at a lower playercount if you've got a shockwave or something of the sort. Only the Decker and medic minibosses are actually balanced from what I gather. Decker not so much but at least there can't be three of it now.

Gentlespy and Samus are finally gone, and the new /pets command is out

I'll add that I am in favor of removing minibosses from the shop completely, instead making them appear at random times ingame for players, much like the golden wrench. Except in the miniboss case, the classes would have to line-up; Rocketman could become Master Chief, Sniper could become CBS, etc. It's a decent bit a work and can't just be thrown out. Minibosses have never been balanced for the most part. Master Chief gets to one-shot any boss at low playercounts, Juggernaut is nearly impossible to kill at a lower playercount if you've got a shockwave or something of the sort. Only the Decker and medic minibosses are actually balanced from what I gather. Decker not so much but at least there can't be three of it now.
this so much

I hate it when im boss and there is a decker, MC, and jugg all at once, that shouldn't be allowed unconditionally

this so much

I hate it when im boss and there is a decker, MC, and jugg all at once, that shouldn't be allowed unconditionally

Get better, its certainly annoying but boss shouldn't be easy. This is similar to everyone becoming overweights, majority of bosses would die very quickly, good thing it doesn't happen.

Get better, its certainly annoying but boss shouldn't be easy. This is similar to everyone becoming overweights, majority of bosses would die very quickly, good thing it doesn't happen.

Doesn't happen? what? There's been plenty of overweight rushes that I've seen and the boss stood no chance. Which is why I was thinking about changing overweight up a bit. Again. Didn't really get far on any of my ideas though.

Doesn't happen? what? There's been plenty of overweight rushes that I've seen and the boss stood no chance. Which is why I was thinking about changing overweight up a bit. Again. Didn't really get far on any of my ideas though.

Overweight is fine as it is, maybe capping the amount of overweights possible in a round would be an idea though.

I think it's more than being unskilled, the minibosses are just very OP when used together, especially if they get used every single round. Even if the boss manages to kill the minibosses they have already lost too much hp to win. I was thinking about making a limit for them, like if one person was MC, then no one could be decker since they both have very hard-hitting melee attacks, and same for CBS and October fest, since those two are more support types

The current map, desert valley or whatever its called, really needs to not be an option. I know I've blatantly stuff on it in the past but really the map is too large, has too many levels, it just isn't good.