Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604766 times)

You should be able to sell titles back to the shop, I think.

Just grooming the little guy to grow up to be a stone-cold boss killer like his paps
They grow up to be assault rifles so fast.. :'-)
PFFT I named MY raptor John Hammond :)

PFFT I named MY raptor John Hammond :)
PFFFT I named MY duck GOD OF DEATH

Yes plz

I think Pecon said no about this months ago

I think the classes that are references to other games should be replaced first. (Especially Team Fortress 2)

Rocketman should have more air control.

I think the classes that are references to other games should be replaced first. (Especially Team Fortress 2)
That would take a while

Rocketman should have more air control.
Rocketman could already be arguably the most annoying class for slower bosses. Being able to change direction in midair would make combating a rocket jumper near impossible.

Rocketman could already be arguably the most annoying class for slower bosses. Being able to change direction in midair would make combating a rocket jumper near impossible.
The fact that inexperienced bosses are victims to Rocketmen stands out with this

The map is hangar again...
Im going to murder some one today.

Anotherthing: Why not just give ephialtes a new item and abilty, he does pose a very big similarity to badspot.

The map is hangar again...
Im going to murder some one today.
we need a way to make surea map doesnt get voted over and over again in a loophole. as bullstuff as it may sound, being in the same map over and over again will piss people off and it WILL get boring for everyone else. sure its a "good" map, but it gets tiring having to watch people camp in the tunnels and stairs just for the forget of it.

we need a way to make surea map doesnt get voted over and over again in a loophole. as bullstuff as it may sound, being in the same map over and over again will piss people off and it WILL get boring for everyone else. sure its a "good" map, but it gets tiring having to watch people camp in the tunnels and stairs just for the forget of it.
I agree with you and blockman that map is so overused that one day there's probably going to be a petition to remove it but that's just me.

I agree with you and blockman that map is so overused that one day there's probably going to be a petition to remove it but that's just me.

Reworked, maybe. Removed? No.

I get the gist of this. But this is basically forcing people to go to a map they don't want to play on. The camping issues with hangar haven't been happening while I'm on, and this is upwards of 20 players. I'll list the maps just so I can reference this later on. I am also explaining why maps are picked, or why others aren't.

Hangar: Old, due for a rework, but still balanced. Sure it might need another spawn point area, finishing up on a few things but considering how old the map is, it does pretty damn well.

Castle: Has had plenty of changes, a decent amount of players still dislike it. Some like it, but many are annoyed from the modterrarin stopping them at every turn. I also get a large number of complaints about the hazards of the acid pits, but those are easier to avoid than say, Volcano's lava. However it is still balanced well in the long run.

Volcano: Players don't like hazards that are annoying to get around, such as lava. It's all over the place, some classes you can't play well and it really limits where you can go in fear of being knocked into lava and being unable to recover. Only a few classes can save themselves, some of the time. It isn't fun to play on, really isn't nice to look at with its colors either. The map doesn't seem balanced, but considering how many dislike it, it won't get voted in most of the time.

Desert: Some complaints about the map being too open, but players generally like it. Doesn't really have many camping spots to note and any boss should be able to get just about anywhere. The only thing that confuses players are the buttons I for detonation instead of 2x2 ramp print blocks, which I haven't thought about a way to fix yet. I may be biased since I helped with the newer desert.

Valley: When Valley was manually set, all I got were complaints for the most part. Way too open, amazingly hard for any boss to track players down, snipers are almost immune in this map as well as engi and other classes. Even overweight can run in this map, but doesn't need to since the spread on the minigun isn't very big; anyone is able to "snipe" with the minigun from across the map. It's a tad insane when there's 4 overweights on the second level gunning you down while on the capture point for example. No teledoors nearby save for one which nobody will be near, I fixed the rocket launcher/mortar/cap detonation a few times but never could get it quite right. It's too easy to dodge as well, but that can be tweaked.

Blizzard: Small, but unused in many areas. It feels unfinished, some things a little out of place but it plays okay. My problems with the map is that it voids the guidelines of building a map which I'll list below.

+ Layout! Make sure there is no significant areas that a boss couldn't simply jump up to normally.
  - Avoid making accessible areas that are isolated from the main body of the map.

Rotondo is unable to access many areas, in some cases Kaje is unable to reach players in certain camping spots. I've not seen anyone abuse it, but there's probably been some cases of it.

+ Boundaries. There should be no ways to slip out of the play area.

It has boundaries, but they are way too close to the actual arena; William can crash into them with a fully powered jump and be slammed down for a decent amount of damage, unable to jump again for another few moments.

+ Make sure there is a Tank Turret!
  - Again, you don't have to event it.
  - There should be a strategic area for it, and it should not have clear line of sight to the entire arena.
  - Optionally, you can also add pirate cannons.

The tank turret is hard to get to considering there's only two ways to reach it if I recall correctly, being the staircase, or around back and using a jump pad. It can also shoot almost all of the arena save for a few corners, since the trees don't really block it. Some players like it, but the map is unbalanced. Teleporters using weird brick events, a detonation that can be fired at while inside the turret, then some other areas that don't really get used unless someone is trying to stall, either by running or camping.