Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1619073 times)

That's why the ubercharge lasts for over a minute. A successful medic will make a huge difference in the battle, bosses need to prioritize their targets to beat the normals.
This.
I teamed up with Banette (another donor) in the server and he hit the boss with a golden wrench, while I ubercharged him so we were doing massive damage to the boss. Trust me, medic is not useless for anyone who says so.

Application: Admin

Name: WhiteStorm

BL_ID: 20297

Previous Experience: Danny Boy's Server Pablo's Server  Ghille's Server  Filipe1020's Server  0 0 J's Server Turnipblog's Server, Codymax's Server  Glass's Server, Cucumber's Server, Hankyje's Server, CookieHax/Doob10's Server, Aware's Server, BBOY's Server, Jayce's Server,Uxie's Server, And TheBrighterDark's Server

Who recommends you?: Danny Boy, Pablo, CodyMax, Ghille, Filipe1020, 0 0 J, Turnipblog, Mabey Glass, Cucumber,
CookieHax/Doob10, Aware, BBOY, Jayce, IkeTheGeneric,bµbbler, Blackstorm,Agent Creeper, banette,*FacePalm*(forum name), Mysteroo (fourm name), ShadowZero (forum name),Dr.Zegobob, and Tertahedron (forum name).

Why should you accept me? (Please elaborate): I am trust worthy admin, I have much experience dealing with a large group of people, I have been playing blockland for 3 years now so I know the game very well, I will be able to watch over the server for long periods of time, I also have experience dealing with "young people", if they begin to flame or start a uproar, I sometimes try to solve problems by not banning them like try to settle the conversation down and just get to the bottom of it, if it fails I will begin to threaten to ban/kick them.

Your Timezone/Region: EST

My App was left pending for a few months and i was likely to be reconsider cause i got an 85% i think, anyways hope you reconsider my app again :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:47:53 PM by WhiteStorm »

-admin app snip-
I would like to add that we really do need more admins that aren't in the PST timezone.

EST is good but BST would be better.

I would like to add that we really do need more admins that aren't in the PST timezone.

i do agree on that good sir.

I live in EST. I've been busy for a while, I'll try to be more active.

I'll be online later too just not at the moment.

WhiteStorm, you forgot to add me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:30:16 PM by zoren580 »

WhiteStorm, you forgot to add me.
oh im sorry bro, ill add you :D

I'm sorry, but for the time that was put into this new version, it's just bad.

The classes are unbalanced, the bosses are only considered bosses because they have 15x the amount of health and one-hit weapons, the arena just is terrible with slayer OMA, the admins are never on, and beyond the build it looks like the whole thing was rushed.

When the boss isn't being crowded and pushed around, he's using his overpowered weapons and only losing because everyone bought the loving golden wrench.
While I don't think it's THIS bad, I do agree somewhat with most of this. Especially with the arena.
Being it that you can look at the exterior from the kill cam, it completely takes away from the sense of being in a ship. There is no exterior, it's just an ugly box shape. Isn't there a way to make it so that once you die you can only look at specific players, and not fly around and see behind the scenes?
If not, then you should do something about the exterior, it just looks bad :/

I was also really disappointed to see that there wasn't anything like the tank turret in the last one. It was a great weapon, but not so overpowered as to make the user invincible, a good boss could still pretty easily get the turret out of the way at the beginning of a round if it's being used.

Wait, I don't remember WhiteStorm being deadminned...?

Ah, well, he gets a recommendation from me. Face's is confirmed, too.

Yeah seeing the exterior kinda kills the feel to it. What I really don't like about it, though, as I've said in a couple places, and Bushi brought up in one of the couple parts of that rant thread that I actually read, is that it looks so plain and boring from the inside, as well. If someone dressed themselves in grey, they would be well camouflaged to the point where it might give them an advantage. There is nothing visually stimulating inside. The floor is flat and featureless. The walls are mostly the same save for a single viewing area with a few red chairs. The rafters with the ships are probably the best looking part, but fights never take place up there. Just ran a few console commands and determined 81% of the build is greyscale, and that's at least including the bright and colorful spawn rooms.

Do you see what I'm getting at here?

Do you see what I'm getting at here?
I can see why some would complain about the interior as well, but I personally don't have any complaints because I'm guessing it's based off of Battlefront II, and if anything more was done than it wouldn't resemble what it was based off of at all. My main complaint is with the exterior, but I wouldn't mind the interior being improved some either

Jetz, you said there might be a way to detect if someone's camera leaves the area so you can just teleport it back?

Jetz, you said there might be a way to detect if someone's camera leaves the area so you can just teleport it back?
Make a giant trigger and fetch the camera back in if it leaves
Does only work with cube area though

I can see why some would complain about the interior as well, but I personally don't have any complaints because I'm guessing it's based off of Battlefront II, and if anything more was done than it wouldn't resemble what it was based off of at all. My main complaint is with the exterior, but I wouldn't mind the interior being improved some either
The hangar in Battlefront 2 was just the means of getting to the space battles. Also, just because it worked in that game doesn't mean it works here.