The 2011 Spike Video Game Awards

Author Topic: The 2011 Spike Video Game Awards  (Read 10481 times)

We're not talking about loving profit, we're talking about using the funds to stay open and make games.

also, could you please point me to a real (not some indy stuffster) game developing company that "doesn't intend to make a profit on their games"?

also, could you please point me to a real (not some indy stuffster) game developing company that "doesn't intend to make a profit on their games"?

Double Fine productions.

We're not talking about loving profit, we're talking about using the funds to stay open and make games.

No, I was talking about profits from the beginning. Everyone else was talking about funds to stay open.

Getting money is not the point I was obviously trying to make.

There are developers that make games to only get money and then there are developers that make games for fun, money is not important to them but they use that money to continue making more games.

You guys clearly missed my point.
"you guys missed my point which i made so hideously vague and obscure to begin with"

How should I know.

........because you're arguing that they exist

You were the one talking about profit, we weren't. You were complaining about us saying that, then you just said we weren't. Make up your goddamn mind Tony.

You were the one talking about profit, we weren't. You were complaining about us saying that, then you just said we weren't. Make up your goddamn mind Tony.

I was talking about profit. You guys were talking about "HUR MONEY IMPORTANT SO THEY STAY IN BUISNES."

Nothing is free, even flash game developers earn money by advertisements, donations, tokens/credits, etc.

There is developers that make games just for money (reskin MW2 and sell it off as MW3) and then there is developers that make games for fun. (Obviously they are going to make some money so they can continue making loving games but that's not the loving point).

Missing the point. Money is not important to them financially. They only need money to continue making more loving fun games.

And you people say I'm dense.

I'm not surprised you don't know them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Fine_Productions

yeah they seem pretty damn sub-par to me, not surprised i dont know them either. its good they're just doing this "for fun", cause they're not exactly doing well from what I can see

yeah they seem pretty damn sub-par to me

Are you sure about that? Most people seem to think so but they actually aren't. Your generic response doesn't surprise me either.

Are you sure about that? Most people seem to think so but they actually aren't. Your generic response doesn't surprise me either.

uh yeah im sure about that. and yeah your response isnt surprising to me either