The 2011 Spike Video Game Awards

Author Topic: The 2011 Spike Video Game Awards  (Read 10222 times)

"Generic Response"
What?

uh yeah im sure about that. and yeah your response isnt surprising to me either

Go play Psychonauts and then come back to me.

Fredulus is a stufflord in general, he wouldn't play it / look up any videos.

Go play Psychonauts and then come back to me.
having a good game doesnt necessarily mean a company will be successful. you also need good marketing and etc.

Fredulus is a stufflord in general

B) sig'd

having a good game doesnt necessarily mean a company will be successful. you also need good marketing and etc.

Well with their stuffty marketing campaign Tim Schafer still manages to stay in buisness. His games aren't fueled with Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, KFC, Burger King, McDonalds, etc.

I found a non-indie developer that doesn't intend to make a profit, now what?

i'm sure they intend to make a profit, just like any other company. why would i believe they don't intend to make a profit?

Making a profit is making money, despite the uses.

i'm sure they intend to make a profit, just like any other company. why would i believe they don't intend to make a profit?

Go ask Tim Schafer about that then.

You need to make a profit to stay open. Making a profit is making money, despite the use.

Depends on what you intend to use for the profit. Do you use the profit on your games or do you use the profit to buy yourself an expensive new car?

uh, any dev would say "both"

uh, any dev would say "both"

Go look up Tim Schafer, seriously.

I removed that, because I have no clue why I typed that.

For example, Notch has used profit from Minecraft to buy himself games and what not.

For example, Notch has used profit from Minecraft to buy himself games and what not.

If he wasn't in it for the money he would use the profit on his company.

It's a job. You need the money. You need the money to buy food, to pay bills, to fund it towards your buisness (if you're the owner)
I want you to name a dev/dev team that doesn't use the money towards themselves for things like games and food.

It's a job. You need the money. You need the money to buy food, to pay bills, to fund it towards your buisness (if you're the owner)
I want you to name a dev/dev team that doesn't use the money towards themselves for things like games and food.

Okay, how much of the profit is being used on Mojang? Also isn't notch selling his position?