Author Topic: YorkTown95's CityRPG Server v2. (Will consider re-opening this)  (Read 79117 times)

Well I'm on the highway to Florida, so I won be able to get on but I'll be able to check the forums every now and then.

Yorktown, I have played your City Rpg once it was SUPER laggy, is that big lag fixed?

Yorktown, I have played your City Rpg once it was SUPER laggy, is that big lag fixed?

If you experience any lag now, it's your computer.

The server is stable now that Kalphiter is hosting it via his services.  (lol services)

Now because I host from Kalphiter's dedicated hosting service, it shouldn't lag at all unless some idiot is going to crash the server, like what Koopa said.

Good news guys:
Quote from: Squashing bugs
posted by Moppy @ 11:55PM on January 14, 2012
Yorktown volunteered me to fix some bugs, so everything should be smooth sailin' from now on.

Changes in v1.05
- Laborers can chop trees and mine correctly
- Infoblocks no longer lose their triggers after bricks load
- Admin taxes fixed
- Getting paid from taxes removed
- Admin commands fixed

I'm sure there'll be more bugs in the giant mess of code that is City RPG, but if nobody beats me to it, I'll try and fix them.

btw, hi!
So this means that the server will be opening earier, but its not there yet, however some info areas still has to be built:
Bank: Done (Temp)
Real estate: In progress
Police station & jail: In progress
Bounty (In bank): Done
Laborer: Done
Information areas: Will be built later (not required)

The server is stable now that Kalphiter is hosting it via his services.  (lol services)

Careful, his forum chat filter will register that you are talking about him and he will show up to make some conceited snort about his services.

Not like I am saying he sucks at hosting or anything.  I think it's wonderful people like yorktown here can get a stable server for cheap.

Bump, the server is now open to the public.

I've been talking with YorkTown about giving him my CRP.
What do you guys think?

I prefer the one now.

I'm going to use a textuploader to publish the rules, it will be located in the links section of the OP.

I don't like it how the Rocket Launcher is in such massive supply. I have an extremely hard time arresting Mr. Spork or anyone else because of his Rocket Launcher, all I have is a police baton and I am constantly killed and unable to defend myself, since he is completely out of range and still able to easily kill me.

I heard the price for it was already super high, maybe raise it more or just get rid of it? I do not like it at all.

I don't like it how the Rocket Launcher is in such massive supply. I have an extremely hard time arresting Mr. Spork or anyone else because of his Rocket Launcher, all I have is a police baton and I am constantly killed and unable to defend myself, since he is completely out of range and still able to easily kill me.
Did you know that you can kill anyone that is wanted from the police department and has over 200+ demerits, that is called self defense and it also gives you a good advantage to disarm them if you can aim correctly.

I heard the price for it was already super high, maybe raise it more or just get rid of it? I do not like it at all.
If you can give me a price average, I'll change it, but funny thing is that they can go waste their money on a overpriced rocket launcher, if you know what I mean. (But problem is that when someone has like $10,000, it can go pretty bad).

But I thank you for the feedback, I'll see what I can do.