Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425197 times)

I think shaders and lighting should be disabled automatically when we loadup a map with interiors and terrain.

They obviously stole the shaders from this Minecraft mod!

How did they steal it?

What are the plans for Player made lights? Will they create shadows? If they don't I'd like the ability for more than 7 to be shown at once.
YESS

Next update: Blockland Adventure Mode.

ONTOPIC: Veeeeeeeeeeery nice.
I love that.

What are the plans for Player made lights? Will they create shadows? If they don't I'd like the ability for more than 7 to be shown at once.

dyamic lights? :O

Commission full scale brick based versions of the bedroom and kitchen and include them with the update. Then updates down the line you could throw in a fancier brick texturing system and it would be like they never left and instead got much prettier.

This would also be a good idea.
No. They cant keep supporting a dilapidated and outdated section of the engine just so that a few diehards can keep the Kitchen around.

Interiors have been holding the game back. The more that the user can do and is encouraged to do with bricks, the better the game is.

But... Bedroom...

I love that map...

Whoah. The shadows look great and all, but taking away all those maps we're used to is a pity. Hopefully, it will be compensated by the community through brick builds of maps. Allowing the user to save builds as a "map_build" or something would separate them from the remaining builds, and conveniently clear the risk of destroying it by mistake. There could also be another "clear bricks" button that doesn't remove the map bricks.

There's quite a stream of posts going on here.

If your going to add this stuff in you should at the very least keep in terrains, and possibly interiors.
Seriously, not everyone has a $500 somewhat recent computer that can actually run maps of large size MADE OUT OF BRICKS at 20 fps!

Commission full scale brick based versions of the bedroom and kitchen and include them with the update. Then updates down the line you could throw in a fancier brick texturing system and it would be like they never left and instead got much prettier.
roblox 2.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pqKfPl4Azg
all slate, no terrain :(

new bricks "textures"?
hi roblox.

I updated the OP:

Also, consider the things you could do with a custom brick. For instance, GCF city could be remade pretty easily if they made some "building" bricks so each building were just a few bricks. And I guarantee it would be easier to do and look better than using DIFs.
Building bricks. So the idea of JVS buildings wasn't that off after all. ;P

If your going to add this stuff in you should at the very least keep in terrains, and possibly interiors.
Seriously, not everyone has a $500 somewhat recent computer that can actually run maps of large size MADE OUT OF BRICKS at 20 fps!
He's already explained that a $20 GFX card can run the game fine even with the update. You can disable shaders if your computer runs too slow.

lol inb4lordtonycomplains

OH MY GOD...I JUST MENTIONED YOU GUYS NEED TO ADD THIS KIND OF LIGHTING AT NOBOTS SERVER. THEN I COME TO THE FORUMS TO READ THIS

YEAH!
Going to miss these good old, bedroom, kitchen maps...Can't people remake them in the mission editor? Or will the mission editor be changed gianormously?

Speaking for a fair amount of the community. Lots of them cannot even tolerate lots of bricks anyways, that why they're dependent on terrains to enjoy a semi-low FPS feasting time. A map of bricks would suck the life out of those old GPU's

Commission full scale brick based versions of the bedroom and kitchen and include them with the update.

There's already a brick Bedroom made by Zor.