2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]

Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425195 times)

With a sacrifice like this, hosting should be made easier again.

if Bedroom goes away, what will happen to Pecon7's Boss Battles?

:panda:

It's a fun server.
What would happen to Pecon7's server? It would probably look different.

What would happen to Pecon7's server? It would probably look different.
That server could use a bit better of a build anyway.

Hosting needs to be made easier like before v19/20

Well, I guess all the terrain creations I've been working on for months upon months are now null and void. This looks great but I'm disappointed that these projects I poured myself into, that I was excited to finish and release, will never see the light of day.

Hosting needs to be made easier like before v19/20
I don't know what you mean. It's not any different.

I don't know what you mean. It's not any different.
For some people it didn't really change, but for me and a few people I know, hosting just randomly breaks from time to time all the time.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:16:42 AM by Sitrus »

To be honest, the shading doesn't even look good. It doesn't fit in Blockland, it's like converting Minecraft to CryENGINE.

To be honest, the shading doesn't even look good. It doesn't fit in Blockland, it's like converting Minecraft to CryENGINE.
Blockland needs to attract more users, this is their way of doing that. Of course, hopefully they don't turn into the Roblox staff, whom ignore the player demand.

Also, builds like this:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=149068.msg3504648;topicseen#msg3504648

Will be pretty broken.
The stairs will be broken and stuff on that, but you can still load up bedroom builds on slate or plate, right?

I am excited about this update, it will bring about many things. We will have to relinquish our old, fond memories of crappy interiors and GSF maps and maps that people have just recently worked hard on. I think it will work to bring a new, larger crowd into the game, and force us to build more creatively. I've been thinking about emailing some gaming network like Kotaku or G4 (aots/xplay) to do something on the game, since the last time they did that was VERY long ago.

but you can still load up bedroom builds on slate or plate, right?

Yes.