Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425185 times)

Having to build everything from scratch actually sounds like fun. Since I'm a modder and usually spend most of my time making Weapon packs and generic weapons to fit my needs I rarely Build anything decent. I mean, if we have the update, why not have something to look forward to?

TGE doesn't necessarily make for good interiors and terrain. They are simply ugly and too low poly.
I hate to see so many favorable maps disappear, but there will be more opportunities.

At first glance, it looks a little cartoonish. Possibly because of the DOF shots? Those are vast improvements to the.. less than satisfactory shadow system before, however. Time for someone to make a bedroom brick. I know I just copied that dif in case I ever get around to making it into anything else..

Shaders are smexy.

But i'll miss the Slopes. :/

Time for someone to make a bedroom brick.
Wouldn't it have different collision and/or be all one color then?

I have a suggestion, if someone places a baseplate and you build on it, and that person saves the build and reloads, your bricks should stay your bricks rather than being given to the owner of the baseplate you've built on, if you place a baseplate and build on it, have it saved and reloaded, it's still yours, so why doesn't ownership stay if you've built on someone else's baseplate?

Awesome.

I might miss interiors and terrain, but we'll have to wait and see when this is released.

As much as I'd love to have shaders, getting rid of interiors and terrain is a massive no.
Mapmade terrain is better than brick terrain - it's quicker and is loads better.
Plus, "fill in" maps will go - One thing I loved about GSF paradise is that you could fill in the empty houses and call it your own.

Why don't we just have both?

And also, we wouldn't be able to do this anymore:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=obGSbyhYFeM#t=229s
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:06:04 AM by Mecha »

I wouldn't be to worried about interiors guys, eventually people will find ways of making your precious mountains and hills again, but for now we will have to be using our imaginations to build.

But I love the terrian maps and Torque :(!
Why do they have to leave?!

"Torque" isn't leaving.

I wouldn't be to worried about interiors guys, eventually people will find ways of making your precious mountains and hills again, but for now we will have to be using our imaginations to build.
This

Oh yeah
Getting rid of terrain breaks:
Terrain based TDMs (brick terrain isn't as smooth and nice as mapped terrain)
Fort wars
Just plain exploring

You can get rid of interiors - We can find a way around that somehow.
But terrain? balls to that.

Load bedroom save. Dwand becomes surgery. Trust issues.

It's all really cool, didn't think its possible, only thing i can complain about is the glow and bloom effect i can see in the pictures that I don't really like. But it's good enough I think! Good job!

Can't blow up bedroom glass. It "wouldn't fit in" if you added a static shape. No killbrick event: (