Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143697 times)

I think it would be a lot easier to just make the add-on client-sided. I could then just use restrictions (i.e. you can only access the GUI on someone else's server if you are SuperAdmin and if they have the Add-On enabled themselves) to prevent abuse.
That's what I meant for you to do, I should've been more clear about that. This add-on needs a server.cs and a client.cs. (or you could make it fully client sided. Totally up to you.)

The bricks are failed on RTB

Quote from: Ephialtes
Unfortunately have to fail this as the rtbInfo.txt was included in the default bl install and is not replaceable

what does that even mean

what does that even mean
Isn't it because the bricks are default now?

what does that even mean
Badspot included the rtbInfo.txt file with the terrain bricks when he added them as default. GSF has since released an updated to the bricks but since the bricks are already default and rtbInfo.txt exists RTB thinks that you have an old version and wants you to update. You update and the files are replaced. You start Blockland again and the launcher kicks in replacing the updated terrain bricks with the default version which is older and it starts all over again.

Badspot never added the functionality to the launcher to delete files so we are forever stuck with the rtbInfo.txt in the default terrain bricks.

Badspot never added the functionality to the launcher to delete files so we are forever stuck with the rtbInfo.txt in the default terrain bricks.
Fortunately the bricks are distributed as a zip file, so he can simply remove the rtbinfo.txt from the zip and then the launcher will distribute it without it.

what does that even mean
Renaming the files wouldn't solve the updating issue; they had to be removed/failed. I'm just glad the issue is resolved though.

That's what I meant for you to do, I should've been more clear about that. This add-on needs a server.cs and a client.cs. (or you could make it fully client sided. Totally up to you.)
Oh okay, thanks. I setup the server and client commands for both files, executed server.cs through client.cs and was able to get it to work (I'm not sure what it would be classified as now though). However, would making it client-sided only be less secure? That's why I wanted to make it server-sided in the first place.

Anyone know where the Aircraft Carrier by GSF went?

Anyone know where the Aircraft Carrier by GSF went?
Didn't that get failbinned?

Didn't that get failbinned?
I don't think so, because I found GSF's old topic but link was down.

Is the FLOAT issue fixed? I need it fixed so i can work on BlockCoft a RPG game im making with your bricks
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:35:13 PM by Siberian Husky »

I got it and is the FLOAT issue fixed? I need it fixed so i can work on BlockCoft a RPG game im making with your bricks
I did a quick test and it should be fixed; it was probably just a glitch from the updating issue.

Since the terrain generator features both client.cs and server.cs files, I'm not sure what to classify it as. What do y'all think? Should it classified as client-sided or server-sided?

Call it System_TerrainGen or something.

Otherwise I'd go with server.

Server so people cant build a God damn mountain in a family RP server or something if its client, you should have to be admin to use it on the server

Server so people cant build a God damn mountain in a family RP server or something if its client, you should have to be admin to use it on the server
It has restrictions built-in so that only the server-host can use it.

Call it System_TerrainGen or something.

Otherwise I'd go with server.
I'll use System, thanks!

I did a quick test and it should be fixed; it was probably just a glitch from the updating issue.

Since the terrain generator features both client.cs and server.cs files, I'm not sure what to classify it as. What do y'all think? Should it classified as client-sided or server-sided?
System or Script work. I've seen both that include client.cs