GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143020 times)

Found my first bug I believe, I generated some terrain I couldn't close the options window. All I did was did some colors then generated the terrain.

Now I'm getting a new bug where there is a straight line in the terrain and the caves. I didn't touch the advanced settings only the color settings.
3rd bug when you enable solid ground then gap-filling it doesn't check that you have solid ground enabled so it gives that little error message.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:40:03 PM by Zacks »

I'll be hosting the generator on my server sometime tonight; I just need to fix an issue with the main menu not closing first.

Now I'm getting a new bug where there is a straight line in the terrain and the caves. I didn't touch the advanced settings only the color settings.
Yeah I'm not sure what's causing that. But, I'm working on fixing the main menu issue right now.

Okay, anyways Floating islands (Doesn't generate) and Solid Ground & Gap-Filling options are broken and I think plains are too (Plains are flat)

Most of the issues have been fixed; my server is up now! Everyone is welcome to join and help test. Also, floating islands may seem take while to generate because it skips bricks that are below the Z-Section value.

We have fun at ghost's server.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:12:27 PM by Furling² »

making this look better and better.

I like how this can handle all kinds of terrain. Any example of steep cubescape/brickscape terrain, or does this only do non-cliff terrain?

Right now it only generates non-cliff terrain, but I might be able to add support for cliffs in the future.

Update: The Modular Terrain Basic and Inverted packs have been updated and are awaiting RTB approval. This should fix any issues with vehicle collision, player cameras reacting to invisible walls and ray-casting in general.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:06:06 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

Hay! I thought I could test! :c

Looks cool!

I didn't read the whole topic, but is it possible to have a modular terrain generator? That'd be really cool.

Looks cool!

I didn't read the whole topic, but is it possible to have a modular terrain generator? That'd be really cool.
Already implemented and working great. :)

Hay! I thought I could test! :c
I would like to try it
Sorry Evar, it was kinda last minute. :/ Let met get some of the issues fixed that came up during the first beta and then I'll host again and let others try it.

I'm not sure how GUI access works when server-sided. Does anyone know to allow clients to access the GUI on the server? I will of course set it up so that only SuperAdmins can use it. But, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to access a server-sided GUI once they have the host's trust, or if they become Admin/SuperAdmin, or if they can access it at all. Also, would a client need to have the add-on downloaded in order to access it? It would be great if anyone can help.

Also, here are more pics showing the default seed:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:37:08 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Also, here are more pics showing the default seed:

Heugh Harrgg

Mother of god, PERFECT!