GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143491 times)

Click for fullsized img.

also, this is a really small generation for the sake of testing. I'll show bigger ones as I go on. (this is minecraft-esque terrain)

wtf is with all those friend requests

I just saw those terrain generator pics in the OP and almost died

Working on more modterr generators C:
though you dont have many 4xCubes

I think i just spent half an hour trying to fix a bug.

which turned out to be me forgetting to enable 4x Mod Terr.

im leaving it here today.
im so tired :(

Hey Ghost, would you consider hosting a demonstration server sometime soon? Let people see the generated landscapes first-hand.

Hey Ghost, would you consider hosting a demonstration server sometime soon? Let people see the generated landscapes first-hand.
Sure, I'll host it sometime soon; I could really use some help in beta-testing the finite generator. I'll be releasing it soon though because the project is already starting to become overwhelming lol; there's a lot to take into consideration.

I just saw those terrain generator pics in the OP and almost died
1 word:
Awesome!
:)

Does it use larger bricks as well (x16, x32, x64)? Or only small bricks (x4 / x8)? It would be good for the brickcount if it used large bricks where applicable.
And could you add an option to just have an outer shell of bricks, floating in the air?
Right now it only uses 4x cubes, with 16x for the boundaries. But, I may add options for 8x, 16x, etc. later on. An empty-ground option (generating a floating shell of the terrain and caves) has already been included, which should really help to reduce the brickcount.

Have you done extensive testing with the infinite generator?
a lot of people make a common mistake with the permutation table.

I really need 1x and 2x terrain bricks, please?

congrats ghost on having your stuff default

2x terrain bricks I would love, because I need them to fix up a few odd corners on my space station. Also because standard wedges use different shading than Modter wedges and it looks fugly when they're intermixed.
1x terrain bricks are impossible because 2x cubes are 5 plates high and you can't do a 2.5 plate high brick.

2x terrain bricks I would love, because I need them to fix up a few odd corners on my space station. Also because standard wedges use different shading than Modter wedges and it looks fugly when they're intermixed.
1x terrain bricks are impossible because 2x cubes are 5 plates high and you can't do a 2.5 plate high brick.
I'll see about 2x ModTer bricks, let me get the terrain generator done first. I'll hopefully have it done by next week.

congrats ghost on having your stuff default

Have you done extensive testing with the infinite generator?
a lot of people make a common mistake with the permutation table.
I haven't really started on the infinite generator yet, although I have most of it figured out already. I have an idea on how to make it tile, yet vary infinitely, but I might need to find a better solution.

I haven't really started on the infinite generator yet, although I have most of it figured out already. I have an idea on how to make it tile, yet vary infinitely, but I might need to find a better solution.
do not tile
tiling is ugly and never works out perfectly.

I meant tiling as in having each grid align seamlessly, I won't make it repeat the original grid like Torque terrain does. I just need to find a better way to vary the original grid infinitely instead of just wrapping the height values.

I meant tiling as in having each grid align seamlessly, I won't make it repeat the original grid like Torque terrain does. I just need to find a better way to vary the original grid infinitely instead of just wrapping the height values.
still not the way to go.