GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140858 times)

You're doing it wrong too.
You're doing it wrong even more.
*quote half-copyer 9001*

I suppose using the terrain bricks would decrease the amount of bricks used significantly. Also you could make the terrain just one or two blocks thick. Caves would still be possible if you do that and it would cut down like 2 thirds of the bricks. I guess there just wouldn't be any craters or anything but it would still be great.
You could make a script that allows floating bricks when the generator is going (that would save some bricks).
Thanks for the ideas guys. I have included options for disabling caves and solid ground to reduce the brick count, which should work.

-pic-
What about this? I really want this a moTer generator. I love this best one, ever I seen!
-pic-
I would not want use this block generator... but my idea suggest is...
block generator and moTer generator pack separate complete?
Then you're going to have to buy my game when it's done lol. But, I'll try to have the ModTer generator close to that.

Update: The generator will be divided into finite and infinite terrain, and I'm close to being done with the finite generator. It will have options for height-scaling, hill-spacing, generating caves and floating islands, and more. More pics:

i just noticed the name "Radical Highway"
I C WAT U DID THAR

Oh no. A terrain generator. I really hope this doesn't get released. If it does, then the people who are good with terrain will be out done by a terrain generator that anybody can use. If you release it, please make it not very user friendly so that less experienced people can't use it.

Oh no. A terrain generator. I really hope this doesn't get released. If it does, then the people who are good with terrain will be out done by a terrain generator that anybody can use. If you release it, please make it not very user friendly so that less experienced people can't use it.
Then they build their terrain better? Ease for a normal person to use is not a reason not to release it.

Then they build their terrain better? Ease for a normal person to use is not a reason not to release it.
Basically this. Logan makes the mistake of applying the "anti client chatmessage mods" logic to a mod which is not really abusable.

not really abusable.

It sort of is abuseable if someone just walks in and decides to start building terrain with no consent of the server host at ll possibly overlapping other builds.

It sort of is abuseable if someone just walks in and decides to start building terrain with no consent of the server host at ll possibly overlapping other builds.
Um, this is a SERVER SIDED terrain generator here. Not client sided.
Notice that floating bricks script (enabling them forcibly in the engine) cannot be enabled client-sided.
That's what told me that this is a server sided script.

i just noticed the name "Radical Highway"
I C WAT U DID THAR
:)

There will be a good balance between simplicity and complexity in the user options, so I wouldn't be concerned. For the finite generator, the user will have options for chunk size, seed-to-chunk ratio, seed value, start and end dimensions, terrain section-slicing, height multiplier, height snap scale, terrain height offset, and more; using the GUI will take experience in itself.

Um, this is a SERVER SIDED terrain generator here. Not client sided.
Notice that floating bricks script (enabling them forcibly in the engine) cannot be enabled client-sided.
That's what told me that this is a server sided script.
Also, only the host will be able to use it, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Woah, I thought you left for good GSF.
I'm glad to see your back.

Notice that floating bricks script (enabling them forcibly in the engine)
lol

lol
Clarification: Floating bricks are completely possible but Badspot disabled them in the engine a while ago.
Enabling them does several other tthings, such as breaking the server's brick limit.
Tomtom has a half-done floating brick script, complete with a toggle to allow building in midair. Unfortunately he can't change the wand, d-wand, and hammer to simply delete the target for just one person at a time.

I don't know how good TomTom's is but I use Brian Smith's, although it creates a few slight inconveniences.

Ghost, do you think you will ever get around to updating the decor pack? It's really useful ;)

Woah, I thought you left for good GSF.
I'm glad to see your back.
Thanks :) I didn't leave, I just got really frustrated with trying to make bricks; I ran into so many issues that it became nearly impossible. Now that I learned how to program however - and that Badspot released a .blb converter - I can work on more content.

Ghost, do you think you will ever get around to updating the decor pack? It's really useful ;)
lol, yes I am going to very soon. The terrain generator I'm working on will have an option for placing trees and plants that are biome-specific, so I will definitely update the decor pack and release a 4x Mod Ter pack.

Hmmm, it will be tooooooo brick intensive? Poor computers may experience lag.

lol, yes I am going to very soon. The terrain generator I'm working on will have an option for placing trees and plants that are biome-specific, so I will definitely update the decor pack and release a 4x Mod Ter pack.

YES