Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140838 times)

Awesome!
I would like to see customization for colours (like in the old terrain generator) and for prints (for the modular terrain bricks).

Update: I've made some progress with the terrain generator; clouds, caves and biomes are all - at least initially - now working. Let me know what other features y'all would like to see. I'm going to try to also include cliffs, various details, etc.

I love the way the generated landscape looks so far. Which biomes currently exist, and which are you hoping to add?

I'd like to see rivers, lakes, and mountain ranges get generated. Also, an option to generate an endless ocean dotted with islands of various sizes at various distances from each other. (not using water bricks to generate the ocean of course)

Badspot's using theese in his server.
Saw it without opening the topic. Luck for me. :cookieMonster:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Oh my god.

Badspot's using theese in his server.
Saw it without opening the topic. Luck for me. :cookieMonster:
He's using the ModTer bricks?

I love the way the generated landscape looks so far. Which biomes currently exist, and which are you hoping to add?

I'd like to see rivers, lakes, and mountain ranges get generated. Also, an option to generate an endless ocean dotted with islands of various sizes at various distances from each other. (not using water bricks to generate the ocean of course)
Thanks :) So far, I've included forests/tropics, arctics, deserts and either swamp or rock biomes. There will also be underground caves to explore. Later on, I'm going to add details that are biome-specific, such as trees, plants, etc.

I'm going to experiment with oceans, rivers and mountains as well, but I don't want to make the generator overly calculation-intensive.

Awesome!
I would like to see customization for colours (like in the old terrain generator) and for prints (for the modular terrain bricks).
I will definitely try to include options for custom colors and prints.

More pics of my progress (I'm starting to tie all the features together now):

Yes. He is. He's running a racing game ripped off of Nasoa's with two borrowed tracks and last i checked a third unique one that someone built, maybe even him. But yes, he is using the modter bricks.

Yes. And also Sgt. A Walter's server. His BF3 server anyways

Those of us with slower computers hate his wep pack. Too high poly.

The brick limit is going to be a problem :/ (The first screenshot in my previous post shows why - that's 256,000 bricks). I'll see if I can find a way around this, maybe by using the culling system that I mentioned earlier.

Yes. He is. He's running a racing game ripped off of Nasoa's with two borrowed tracks and last i checked a third unique one that someone built, maybe even him. But yes, he is using the modter bricks.
Oh cool, yeah I was hoping he would support them in helping to supplement for terrain.

I suppose using the terrain bricks would decrease the amount of bricks used significantly. Also you could make the terrain just one or two blocks thick. Caves would still be possible if you do that and it would cut down like 2 thirds of the bricks. I guess there just wouldn't be any craters or anything but it would still be great.

The brick limit is going to be a problem :/ (The first screenshot in my previous post shows why - that's 256,000 bricks). I'll see if I can find a way around this, maybe by using the culling system that I mentioned earlier.
You could make a script that allows floating bricks when the generator is going (that would save some bricks).

What about this? I really want this a moTer generator. I love this best one, ever I seen!

I would not want use this block generator... but my idea suggest is...
block generator and moTer generator pack separate complete?

Those of us with slower computers hate his wep pack. Too high poly.
[windows]I'm runnin a windows 7[/windows]

[windows]I'm runnin a windows 7[/windows]
Operating systems have little to no bearing on computing power.

Operating systems have little to no bearing on computing power.
Your doing it wrong.