GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 141704 times)

Dam I forgot to download this I'm on my iPod right now so I can't get them right now but I have been needing these badly.

Bump

Does anyone know where I can get the road prints for these bricks?

Bump

Does anyone know where I can get the road prints for these bricks?
I would like these too. There was a topic for them but the link broke.

Bump:

Hey everyone, I've been working on my own project for awhile now (with the Unity Game Engine). In the process, I have gained experience in procedural content generation, as well as programming/scripting in general.  Here's what it looks like so far - it's still VERY early in development:

I decided to try to learn Torque Script as well, and have been working on a procedural terrain generator for Blockland. I just started working on it since Monday so it's nowhere near the final product. Let me know which style y'all like better and any features you would like to see incorporated. :)

Planned features so far:
-GUI based with options for caves, clouds, details, etc.
-Chunk-based system (with chunk-culling?)
-Infinite, yet variable terrain (instead of just repeating when leaving the initial grid)
-Custom, simple coherent noise algorithm with smoothing coefficient for generating terrain (meant to reduce the number of calculations to allow for faster chunk loading, yet still produce "realistic" terrain)
-Various biomes
-Layers (i.e. stone, dirt, top soil, etc.)
-Option for having terrain only appear relative to clients (for various reasons, if possible?)
-Eventually include an option for using the Modular Terrain bricks

Edit - I think this style looks a lot better:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:50:15 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Holy stuff that's is 100x better than that terragen crap

Thanks guys :) Here are more pics of the 2nd style, which will be scaled to allow you to walk/drive on the terrain:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:51:52 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Can you make slopes with this generator?

We knew your mapping days weren't over, GSF.