GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140841 times)

The castle bricks Don't come up on my brick section were are that Special/Bricks/Baseplate/other...

The castle bricks Don't come up on my brick section were are that Special/Bricks/Baseplate/other...
why did you bump this?

The castle and other Medieval bricks should be under the Special tab, near the bottom. Let me know if you still have trouble finding them.

Ghost, can you update the Decor Pack? pinetree_large.blb is an invalid brick size. Should be a quick fix.
Also I'm planning on using these trees to create forests of such immense size rarely seen on Blockland. I was wondering if you could work on a few more tree designs (taller pine/sequoia trees). Thanks for the good work!

Uhm, I have a problem, it appears that when I have a save with your decor pack trees in it and I load it, they don't appear. The castle walls do, and all your other bricks do, but the decor bricks do not.

Radical Highway - Some missing of the bricks. I had them all of your bricks.

GSF has been inactive for some time now and will most likely never finish these.
nice bump though.

GSF has been inactive for some time now and will most likely never finish these.
nice bump though.
I know.

That sucks that you can't save any of the decorative bricks.
I made a Slender map and the trees didn't load.
NONE! It took forever to make the trees too. (The map was HUGE)
D:
But other than that, this is a very good add-on meant for everybody to use. And I say that everyone should use this.
:cookie:

That sucks that you can't save any of the decorative bricks.
I made a Slender map and the trees didn't load.
NONE! It took forever to make the trees too. (The map was HUGE)
D:
But other than that, this is a very good add-on meant for everybody to use. And I say that everyone should use this.
:cookie:
Thanks :) But yeah, I'm aware of the problem with saving the decor bricks. It's just a glitch I can't get around, which is one of the reasons I gave up development on them and making bricks in general.

I do have an idea on something I can do to get around most of the issues I've been having though, i.e. divide the decor bricks in smaller modular units that are easier to work with. I'll see if it works.

Ghost, can you update the Decor Pack? pinetree_large.blb is an invalid brick size. Should be a quick fix.
Also I'm planning on using these trees to create forests of such immense size rarely seen on Blockland. I was wondering if you could work on a few more tree designs (taller pine/sequoia trees). Thanks for the good work!
I've been having too many issues to resume work on the decor pack sorry. :/

hey guys what's going on in--
which is one of the reasons I gave up development on them and making bricks in general.
SHET.

I'm still playing around with different ideas though. I figured out an alternative way to make maps; if I can get it to work completely I'll be back into making content.

For instance, instead of using modular printed set-pieces to build maps, you could just make them as one entire brick, which is faster (despite the brick size limit). I can easily make entire maps (with trees, plants, rocks, caves, etc.) as a single brick that uses textures from a single print, which is applied after the brick is planted. Here is an example of an entire island (consisting of 16390 quads, running at over 80 frames per second) - attached. Each segment is about the size of the 8x cube. I didn't set up the textures yet and am still trying to get the collision to work, but so far it's a start! And in the future they can be a lot more detailed/smooth than this, I just like the "blocky" feel. As for the brick grid, you could just use float-cubes to build anywhere.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:38:21 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

You have a max of 2 collision sides on a blb I believe.