Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143784 times)

Finally no more infinite flat world! Also I can't wait to see pictures of the ModTer Terrain generator

Personally, it's not "brick intensive" that borks up my computer. It's "face intensive". The more rendering faces that I have to see, the more CPU-intensive it is. Specifically, it's things like lips on the ends of ramps, the side edges of ramps, and basically every single Omni Quad that lags me. That AND pointless hollow interior spaces. Those increase my rendering facecount too. I've found that I actually lag LESS if I use MORE bricks to "fill in" all unused empty spaces.

Where do I get the Large Cubes?

Hmmm, it will be tooooooo brick intensive? Poor computers may experience lag.
Not really; there will be user options included to help reduce the brick count, as well as to disable most of the calculations. I'm hoping to also implement a culling system in the infinite generator - which should really help.

Finally no more infinite flat world! Also I can't wait to see pictures of the ModTer Terrain generator
Yeah, I'm going to start on that very soon - it's been highly requested lol.

Where do I get the Large Cubes?
It should be included in your Add-ons folder by default.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:51:02 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Could you make a new version of the ModTer Road pack? This used to be useful back then, it's sad that you removed it

ModTer Terrain Generator
challenge

Accepted.
Challenge Accepted.

ModTer Terrain Generator
challenge

Accepted.
Challenge Accepted.
Not that you'd ever release it.

ModTer Terrain Generator
challenge

Accepted.
Challenge Accepted.
work on powerups you dirty whore

work on powerups you dirty whore

^ filthiest whore of them all

Could you make a new version of the ModTer Road pack? This used to be useful back then, it's sad that you removed it
Sure, I might remake it after I release the terrain generator. What road bricks would y'all like to see included? Like 8x single lanes, 32x roads and 1/4 through full-scale height versions of both?

Update: The ModTer Terrain Generator is now working! I will post more pictures later as I apply it to the other terrain layers and biomes.

road with sidewalk and highway.

YES!!! Modter generator gonna be epic! Also, can you fix the decorpack colision boxes?

As much as I have my problems with GSF terrain, I am pretty excited for a Terrain Generator (assuming it works good)

I know Minecraft and Blockland are much different games and don't have much business being compared, but they are sandbox games.  And the only thing Minecraft has that I wish Blockland did is terrain generation that can be explored and interacted with.

Edit: A suggestion if you haven't already considered it/done it.  Could you make it so you can set a pref to turn off biomes?  Most things I (and a lot of people) have built only function in one biome.

it's not pretty.
ur not pretty

But seriously ModTer Terrain is okay. I'll stick with plates for now though.