5 (2%)
Agnostic  
32 (12.6%)
Jewish
3 (1.2%)
Other
26 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Religious Views?  (Read 19975 times)

if I read what you said right then you didn't read what I said right
by reading right I mean understanding exactly what is meant
words
WORDS
no but uh
I meant like
I caught my mom replacing my tooth under my pillow. We can infer that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist from that.

words
WORDS
no but uh
I meant like
I caught my mom replacing my tooth under my pillow. We can infer that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist from that.
humans wrote the bible. we can infer that god doesn't exist from that.
(I can probably come up with better ones)

humans wrote the bible. we can infer that god doesn't exist from that.
(I can probably come up with better ones)
yeah that wasn't a great one, the bible's literally an ancient storybook
I dunno, I think the tooth fairy is different than god but do elaborate

the bible's literally an ancient storybook
what purpose does this particular part serve

I dunno, I think the tooth fairy is different than god but do elaborate
god is just more popular but really why would this one god exist when pretty much every culture made up their own gods and origin stories

then again there may or may not be some super being out there but that doesn't have anything to do with jesus or moses who saw a volcano or any of that stuff

what purpose does this particular part serve
god is just more popular but really why would this one god exist when pretty much every culture made up their own gods and origin stories
1. because it doesn't really prove or disprove god - obviously we don't know the author, so it's basically a history book
2. If a deity exists, I'd blame that part on different interpretations of a higher power

I think you've missed the point. It's illogical to say that there is or isn't a God because no experiment could be done to prove either opinion. The tooth fairy, however, does operate within our Universe and therefore within the laws of science. Therefore, measurements can be done to specifically rule out the concept of the tooth fairy (eg. seeing your parents take the tooth).

If a hypothesis cannot be tested then it is not a valid theory. Therefore, it is not logical nor constructive to have an opinion regarding it.

1. because it doesn't really prove or disprove god - obviously we don't know the author, so it's basically a history book
sort of. but most of it is probably mostly bullstuff.

2. If a deity exists, I'd blame that part on different interpretations of a higher power
what are you saying use more words

I think you've missed the point. It's illogical to say that there is or isn't a God because no experiment could be done to prove either opinion. The tooth fairy, however, does operate within our Universe and therefore within the laws of science. Therefore, measurements can be done to specifically rule out the concept of the tooth fairy (eg. seeing your parents take the tooth).

If a hypothesis cannot be tested then it is not a valid theory. Therefore, it is not logical nor constructive to have an opinion regarding it.
I do not approve of this. You argument isn't good enough.

:D I'm on my iPhone, so thanks for elaborating
sort of. but most of it is probably mostly bullstuff.
what are you saying use more words
1. probably, but that can't be proven
2. wat ok words words hffn

I do not approve of this. You argument isn't good enough.

Oh what grounds?

1. probably, but that can't be proven
2. wat ok words words hffn
1. so we just assume that most of it is mostly bullstuff because it probably is. probably. god probably doesn't exist. there isn't even a reason as to why he would.
2. rawr

Oh what grounds?
my super grounds

I'll try one more time, although it is already clear that you are dismissing arguments for no apparent reason.

god probably doesn't exist. there isn't even a reason as to why he would.

There is no reason for a God to exist. Equally though, there is no reason why he should specifically not, or for why any other 'thing' exists outside of  our Universe.

Consider a box. There is no way of looking inside the box or measuring what is inside it in. You are asked what is in the box. Giving any answer would be ridiculous, it would be just as stupid to say nothing as to say there is a hammer. The only real answer you could give would be to say that there's no way of knowing and that the question itself is a ridiculous one. This is brown townogous to the situation with God.

I'll try one more time, although it is already clear that you are dismissing arguments for no apparent reason.

There is no reason for a God to exist. Equally though, there is no reason why he should specifically not, or for why any other 'thing' exists outside of  our Universe.

Consider a box. There is no way of looking inside the box or measuring what is inside it in. You are asked what is in the box. Giving any answer would be ridiculous, it would be just as stupid to say nothing as to say there is a hammer. The only real answer you could give would be to say that there's no way of knowing and that the question itself is a ridiculous one. This is brown townogous to the situation with God.
There's nothing in the box cause there's nothing everywhere you look  :cookieMonster:

Consider this then. I think of an invisible leaf floating a million miles above your head. Now because I thought about it this leaf may or may not exist. This is a handicapped way of reasoning.

Consider this then. I think of an invisible leaf floating a million miles above your head. Now because I thought about it this leaf may or may not exist. This is a handicapped way of reasoning.
To put it in even better explanation, I'm thinking about the forums therefore they may or may not exist :3

You obviously haven't understood. If something can't be measured, you can't say for sure what is there, if anything. You could check whether your leaf did exist because you are placing it in a position where it can be measured.

If something can be in an infinite amount of possible states with equal probability, choosing one would be illogical.