3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 475298 times)

Server's pretty fun albeit the few of people whore are illiterate and cannot read the rules properly.

The only problem I had was mistaking somebody for a zombie :cookieMonster:

I wasn't very content with tonight's roleplay- not many of the regulars or admins joined and we ended up getting the usual riff-raff :/

Well excuse me for living on the East Coast. :P Since you're going back to being a "no bullstuff" host, should I just ban people right away who just don't get it? It's becoming a problem. I really think we should remove some guns and add more melee weapons. It would make more sense, and if people deathmatch, it makes it easier to separate the non Bluzone material people from the server.

Yeah, excuse us for not being in the same timezone as you
lol

It was like 11pm for me when you hosted and I had school the next day so I couldn't get on.

Hopefully Knaz gets on earlier tonight, or morning in his case.

Your Name: VoDKa
Character Name: Joe McCabe
Character Age: 24

Pic related; it's a friend going through the sewers while I watch his 6.

Your Name: VoDKa
Character Name: Joe McCabe
Character Age: 24

That was you? :o

Your Name: IkeTheGeneric
Character Name: Mike Colt
Character Age: 26

I wasn't complaining about my admins or the regular players not being there, I was simply stating I wasn't too content with it. I really just let everyone do whatever while I do tweaks about the build.

I'm well aware of your different time zones, and please be aware of mine. Don't pester me to open the server or get on earlier. I do really enjoy hosting for all of you, but there are other things I need to do first.

Today, I can't open the server until later due to me needing to be at uni to do my first aid course.

Contrary to what you might believe, I like to cook food, sleep, go to uni and do work.

Removing weapons wouldn't really change anything, people would still ask where they are and meta-game with item locations.

I was just messing with you. :c

Also, me and Electrk were talking about the stricter administration. We're wondering though if we should just ban people on sight who meta-game, ask for weapons, abuse the chat etc. It makes it obvious they didn't read the rules. Some people just hit the X's and then continue on. It's a nuisance having to restate the rules, especially when they should have read them and when there is also the large warning in the join message.

Just running this by you first so it doesn't seem too ruthless.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:30:21 PM by Awdax »

I thought about systems to prevent people from skipping over rules, but the only thing I was able to come up with was a simple quiz.

Maybe you could force the GUI download, which contains the rules, and then change the tutorial box to a quiz box

Another really effective way to keep it serious is to password the server while playing and post the password here. Change it back as well as the server title when it's closed.

Knaz said he tried placing a password on the server, and posting the password in the OP - not a lot of people join.

Yeah, start bringing out the ban hammer again.
This time though, because we're being much more ruthless, bans can be disputed and lifted.

Since this is a role-play, meta-gaming is when you (the player) use knowledge that your character does not have.

For example, some survivors have split from the group I am leading and have their own base set up somewhere. I myself, know where this is - my character does not. I cannot just go to their base, my character has no reason to and he has no idea the base is there. I would be using my knowledge to kind of "cheat." Another example is when people use OOC chat to tell other players where the hidden keys are, or what the lab passwords are, or where some weapons are. It's basically using what you know to cheat, voiding the role-play.

Meta-Gaming
The act of using knowledge of a game to influence your actions within the game in a generally unsporting manner.

Yeah, start bringing out the ban hammer again.
This time though, because we're being much more ruthless, bans can be disputed and lifted.

Alright, sounds fair.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:21:50 PM by Awdax »

forget me, didn't read.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:00:49 PM by Tomcat »