Author Topic: DAY Z MEGATHREAD - OP finally gets this mod.  (Read 105345 times)

Where the heck did you find an axe? I saw one in a log, but it didn't give me the option to grab it.

It was on the 2nd story of a barn just laying on the floor.

First playthrough made it miles into the forest and couldnt find anything. I was crawling across a road when i spotted a zombie walking straight towards me. So I just lay there assuming it would turn past. It walked right over me and started attacking me so i sprinted away, bleeding.

I sprinted for awhile before getting into a barn where I found a hatchet. I couldn't figure out how to use it so I had to glitch the zombie chasing me behind a haystack and look up on youtube how to use the hatchet. After I realised you had to right click and take it off of your toolbelt I took on the zombie in melee combat and lost pretty much all of my blood.

So I'm sitting here almost dead after bandaging my wound, my vision completely forgeted up and someone walks up the stairs and says "friendly?" at this point I just want to start again and he asks if he can kill me for my hatchet and I give in (Like I had a choice anyway) so I died for the greater good of another survivor.

I had no idea how to get blood back anyway so it was just easier to die there.
Do I have you on steam? Add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/originalrocket

ps: You get a blood bag and have someone else give you a blood transfusion

Is anyone at the NW Airfield with a morphine injector to spare? My legs are loving broke and I'm not finding anything just crawling around.

Also, if any of you want to play right now, add me on skype: Meeses360

I'll get a group going
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:36:56 PM by Messes »

lol Second character just as rough. About 2000 blood. Can barely move around without passing out and my vision is blurred. I'm cheating a bit and just waiting on the same spawn location and waiting for food.

Edit:  Was wandering about looking for food and I passed out in the middle of the road. A zombie found me. I feel like if I could start with just a makarov and a clip I could go so much further.

Ok so I think this will be easier in a group. Ill take you up on that offer messes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:22:28 PM by Acid »

I love this game but it gets boring alone.

Also to use an axe as a weapon right click it in your toolbelt, hit Remove from toolbelt. Then reload it.

Also to use an axe as a weapon right click it in your toolbelt, hit Remove from toolbelt. Then reload it.
Still funny, reloading an axe. :P

So I'm downloading through the torrent.
Does anybody wanna play together or something

Green Mountain (The one with the giant tower thing on it) is dangerous

Saw 2 people, they see me, I see one crouch and aim to take a shot at me so I just burst him with my m16 and kill him and his friend runs away.

Got an ALICE pack, toolkit, tons of supplies, and he also had a 50 cal sniper but I didnt take it.

Is anyone near Stary Sobor?

So I'm downloading through the torrent.
Does anybody wanna play together or something
Yeah dude, I'll play with you when the servers come back on.

It's being DDoSd right now by some russian guys.

Ok so I'm having an issue here.
I installed the .pbo files to /arma 2 operation arrowhead/@dayz/addons and enabled them with -mod=@dayz, but i can't connect to any of the servers because of a "bad version", my version of OA is 1.60, same with the server.

Ok so I'm having an issue here.
I installed the .pbo files to /arma 2 operation arrowhead/@dayz/addons and enabled them with -mod=@dayz, but i can't connect to any of the servers because of a "bad version", my version of OA is 1.60, same with the server.
Get the newest Arma2:OA Beta Patch

When you are playing operation arrowhead from steam make sure to check the 'arma 2: combined operations' tick box when steam prompts you before start up