Author Topic: DAY Z MEGATHREAD - OP finally gets this mod.  (Read 110720 times)

The Six thing is dumb as hell. I recommend getting:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

It forgets with my Internet and gets stuck when updating

Hey forgeters
I'm trying to play the singleplayer version of this (cuz im gay and lonely)
I installed dayz 1.7.0, I have the correct launch options (I think) and I've got the expansion/beta/arma2co.exe in the main arma 2 operation arrowhead.
Anybody help

That is noob gear. The first items I pick up are at the south airfield, and are usually a PDW, M1014, M4A1, AK-74, or AKM.

Honestly those guns aren't very rare, they're medium. I've found like 20 AKs, and 20 m10s. M4 I guess is a bit rarer, but PDW sucks ass

And I've arely found guns at the airstrip, I once found an M1014 there only, and once an AKM.

Hey forgeters
I'm trying to play the singleplayer version of this (cuz im gay and lonely)
I installed dayz 1.7.0, I have the correct launch options (I think) and I've got the expansion/beta/arma2co.exe in the main arma 2 operation arrowhead.
Anybody help

Use latest version of dayz and beta, use mission file that I will send tomorrow

That is noob gear. The first items I pick up are at the south airfield, and are usually a PDW, M1014, M4A1, AK-74, or AKM.
A DB Shotgun could take a character down in a single hit, even if it was non-vital. I'm not quite sure that is noob gear.

A DB Shotgun could take a character down in a single hit, even if it was non-vital. I'm not quite sure that is noob gear.

It's super loud, only good at close range unless you really aim, and is super loud.

It's super loud, only good at close range unless you really aim, and is super loud.
it's funny
I never attract zombies when using shotguns

it's funny
I never attract zombies when using shotguns

yeah it's a bug right now that the loud guns have super reduced noise

Yes. But if you think about it. Say you had an AK, and I had a DB Shotgun. Say we rounded the corner and clashed heads. I shoot you, you shoot me (same time) Who's going to win? And now, I have your loot. DB's are more effective on player hunting.

Yes. But if you think about it. Say you had an AK, and I had a DB Shotgun. Say we rounded the corner and clashed heads. I shoot you, you shoot me (same time) Who's going to win? And now, I have your loot. DB's are more effective on player hunting.

You can't use a comparison like that because it will never happen. With the DB to even have a good shot you have to be really good at fast aiming because the iron sights suck and if you don't go fast enough that AK will blast you
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:20:05 AM by HerpaDerp »

You lose because when you miss on your precious first shot you have an ungodly reload time while I can shoot you 10 times and leave your noob loot corpse lol.

Okay this was funny

I was on a server and this one guy i was following finds a M1A4 M203.

and Mags he puts it in his Ural he is fixing and only has a revolver.

Later he goes for the FINAL part and he gets attacked i saved him with a smoke and Lee Enfield. i got a new friend and a ural out of it.

You can't use a comparison like that because it will never happen. With the DB to even have a good shot you have to be really good at fast aiming because the iron sights suck and if you don't go at enough that AK will blast you
Either way, the shotgun will get the job done. You have to crawl before you can walk. (kudos if you get the joke)

You lose because when you miss on your precious first shot you have an ungodly reload time while I can shoot you 10 times and leave your noob loot corpse lol.
Don't miss ;D
Even if you do, the shotgun shoots a range of pellets. So unless I panic and flick my mouse, you'll get hit either way. Even if it's not fatal, you're still going to be screwed.

I lol'd. Somebody with an AK would also have the advantage because you are a huge ArmA noob.

There are pellets, and slugs. Slugs are far more common, and pellets have a very low range of spread. The AA-12 supports grenade rounds but it isn't in DayZ.

wait is the DB shotgun a fire both shots at the same time or click once 1 shot.

I havent used them.