People exploiting my secret areas.

Author Topic: People exploiting my secret areas.  (Read 4557 times)

packaging the setKey function and various authentication checks, apparently the commands that send event data, uh
gameConnection::onConnect

yes, some is impossible.

Not... not without.. dare i say it, hacking blockland

Events are sent through ExtendedBrickInfo requests, not onConnect.
Don't make that add-on though, even if you don't release it.

Put secret areas really far out of the map and send people to them with evented teleports. That way, they won't ghost to anyone who hasn't been to them, and thus won't save.
An excellent idea.

I think most of you guys are being too harsh. He's not complaining about having his build stolen. He is complaining about having all his secret rooms exploited by having his bricks saved and explored in single player. He probably put a lot of work into his build.

Better idea: make it so endgame weapons must be bought

Came for thread title.
Was very disappointed.

What if you made an add-on that ANNOUNCED when someone was saving, but didn't take any action?

What if you made an add-on that ANNOUNCED when someone was saving, but didn't take any action?
1) impossible
2)
Save notification would just lead to people being kicked/banned or otherwise persecuted for saving.  Public saving is currently the only means of keeping quality builds alive after their authors have gone.  Undermining that would seriously damage the game. 

figured that also not a legitimate quote^
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:07:36 PM by Lugnut1206 »

figured that also not a legitimate quote^
PM.
September 09, 2010, 12:45:06

I would honestly find it flattering if someone hosted my (newer) builds. I don't see the issue with someone finding it interesting enough to save it.
this

I don't get why people are upset over others "stealing" their builds. If you want to keep the build to yourself, and yourself only, don't host it.

Maybe I can make somthing like this for you.
i'm sure this isn't allowed. badspot said that anyone who makes mods that prevent people from saving builds will get their keys revoked.

Badspot

• Administrator
You want me to remove saving to protect secrets in your rpg?  Ok, so what happens when I do that and people just tell each other where the secrets are via the in-game chat?  You want me to remove that too?  What about if they post on a forum or look up a FAQ online or ask yahoo answers?  You're designing something that is contrary to the state of the world in the information age. 

You want me to remove saving to protect secrets in your rpg?  Ok, so what happens when I do that and people just tell each other where the secrets are via the in-game chat?  You want me to remove that too?  What about if they post on a forum or look up a FAQ online or ask yahoo answers?  You're designing something that is contrary to the state of the world in the information age. 
clap.
well said.
i think this wraps that up