Author Topic: UTA (Untiered Arms)  (Read 33631 times)

Well, you can still make one
Corp gave me a good assault rifle, a shotgun, and 2 sniper rifles. I still think the Revolver should be a Mateba, but even then, I should drop the Pistol design. Either way, I think there's too few weapons left for me to make a thread about it.

Honestly, I think you're better at animating than you are at modeling. And you're pretty damn good at animating.

Yeah, the Mateba is a lovey beast of a revolver

Honestly, I think you're better at animating than you are at modeling. And you're pretty damn good at animating.
That's my favorite part, really. Thanks.

also ARX-180
I've seen that in so many gun threads. I like it, but it just seems off - like the handguard is huge.

Think I've seen the Calico in a game before, not sure.
And from my knowledge, any game where you can reskin stuff has stuffloads of skins
Counterstrike more specifically, but the stuff I've listed I have yet to see that

Anyway
Like shell said
Picture 1-Pistol needs work right there.
You've connected the vertice creating that triangle which shows up quite brightly.
Why not make the entire pistol the same width, save a few parts, such as the top slide, which could be a wee bit wider or narrower, however you want it.

Picture 2-Sniper rifle needs to be fixed a bit more
That grip on the sniper, is too long IMO. If you shortened it to the length of a pistol, or used a reference picture to aid(NOT completely base) the rifle off a stock-like grip, it would look a lot better.
Width of the sniper should be consistent, and if you do end up using triangluated areas like that, try using smoothshading, to hide the edges, then smoothgroups to keep it from looking totally bad.

Picture 3-I know I'm being redundant here, but that flat top doesn't go well.
I suggest just extruding the entire top, raising it up a small bit, and narrowing the width just a bit to give it some slope.
It's just too sharp

Picture 4-I think this is your best model, but it too could use some work.
Like the shotgun, it's a bit flat on the top despite the rails
Rails are okay, except they are wide as the gun itself.
I'd make them 1/10th narrower than the gun, allowing for the holographic sight not to completely override the edges of the gun.
That area on the stock right there where it terminates into the gun should have a plate instead of the gun supporting it.
Like the UMP-45's skeleton stock.

Good God that took a long time

ARX-looks too bulky IMO.

EDIT-Yes, I am suggesting beveling some stuff, but not to the point where it looks so bad that it's not worth using.
I'm suggesting it to a point of....There's this point of beveling where it looks good, but it varies from model to model.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:20:15 PM by The Corporation »

more gay suggestions

SC-2005?

don't know why there's no buttstock

or the FX-05?

or the Interdynamics MKR?

(it's a bullpup)

I say da fuq to MKR?
Also, this makes me want to model again.
I need to finish that player animation stuff
also, I'm gonna remake the gasmask.

The mag is the rounded part in the frontward part of the stock

Picture 1-Pistol needs work right there.
You've connected the vertice creating that triangle which shows up quite brightly.
Why not make the entire pistol the same width, save a few parts, such as the top slide, which could be a wee bit wider or narrower, however you want it.

Picture 2-Sniper rifle needs to be fixed a bit more
That grip on the sniper, is too long IMO. If you shortened it to the length of a pistol, or used a reference picture to aid(NOT completely base) the rifle off a stock-like grip, it would look a lot better.
Width of the sniper should be consistent, and if you do end up using triangluated areas like that, try using smoothshading, to hide the edges, then smoothgroups to keep it from looking totally bad.

Picture 3-I know I'm being redundant here, but that flat top doesn't go well.
I suggest just extruding the entire top, raising it up a small bit, and narrowing the width just a bit to give it some slope.
It's just too sharp

Picture 4-I think this is your best model, but it too could use some work.
Like the shotgun, it's a bit flat on the top despite the rails
Rails are okay, except they are wide as the gun itself.
I'd make them 1/10th narrower than the gun, allowing for the holographic sight not to completely override the edges of the gun.
That area on the stock right there where it terminates into the gun should have a plate instead of the gun supporting it.
Like the UMP-45's skeleton stock.
I know I'm being ridiculously lazy here, but I think I'll redo the models. The most recent I've done was the Rifle, the least being the Sniper. The theme doesn't match up at all - the Sniper was intended to be a LEGO-styled gun and the Rifle was more successfully trying to be Blockland. The latter is what I want, but I'm discontent. I'll just redo everything.

SC-2005
am i crazy or is that just a fal.

The mag is the rounded part in the frontward part of the stock
I know that.
Looks awkward though.
I know I'm being ridiculously lazy here, but I think I'll redo the models. The most recent I've done was the Rifle, the least being the Sniper. The theme doesn't match up at all - the Sniper was intended to be a LEGO-styled gun and the Rifle was more successfully trying to be Blockland. The latter is what I want, but I'm discontent. I'll just redo everything.
I know that feel bro.
I made an AK once, started getting better in model making went back and looked at it, deleted it and started all over again.
If you had mentioned(or I wasn't paying attention) about the themes, that would make things understandable.
I personally think you should go for lego, we don't see a lot of that stuff much more, save for a few people.
Or is that just me with a skewed perceptionforgetdammitimgonna gomodelnowtheurgeistoolovingg reeeat.

I personally think you should go for lego, we don't see a lot of that stuff much more, save for a few people.
I'll think about it, but it doesn't match as well with Blockland as... well, Blockland. Being different just for the sake of being different isn't a very good idea, especially when you aren't even so experienced in said difference.

I'll think about it, but it doesn't match as well with Blockland as... well, Blockland. Being different just for the sake of being different isn't a very good idea, especially when you aren't even so experienced in said difference.
prraaaactiiice