What's your favorite continent?

Indar
15 (37.5%)
Amerish
10 (25%)
Esamir
15 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Planetside 2 - Free2Play - Ultimate Empire Showdown was terrible!! NC buffs soon  (Read 40799 times)

this became pay2win crap.
Pretty much why I hate the free to play concept. So I hear the Conglomerate is getting their asses kicked.

Where is the p2w I can't find it

Pretty much why I hate the free to play concept. So I hear the Conglomerate is getting their asses kicked.
Yeah we're getting owned

no licenses error on steam, cba to redownload the patcher.

/waitaweek

no licenses error on steam, cba to redownload the patcher.

/waitaweek
I've talked to people with that problem and they just restarted steam and it worked

welp steam's been running all day, that can't hurt.

its in this game.

I like how you proceed to not prove your point at all.

From what I've read, the only thing you can actually pay for is custom camo and plus 20% exp boost and such. No weapons or items for actual money. Of course, I haven't been in game yet so I could be wrong.

From what I've read, the only thing you can actually pay for is custom camo and plus 20% exp boost and such. No weapons or items for actual money. Of course, I haven't been in game yet so I could be wrong.
This is true ^^

I read something that a lead developer wrote and he was like "what p2w? we have nothing p2w in this game"

http://www.planetside2.com/shop?buy=stationcash

no pay2win here guys! cosmetics only! this isnt p2w wheres p2w?????????????

Isn't that just paying real money to get weapons quickly?
F2P players can still get those weapons, it just takes longer for them to do it.

That is not pay to win.

those weapons cost around $5-10. When I play other games, unlocking weapons doesn't seem to value around $5-10 dollars, or else I would have hundreds of dollars worth of guns and swords. They disguise the fact that its pay2win by placing a ridiculously high in-game point price.

This is not pay-to-win. That is pay-to-win-faster.
They are only the same thing if you lack patients.

I do agree that it's sucky game design to make players grind for days to get a single weapon, but it just isn't pay-to-win; everyone still has access to everything.

yeah sorry heed but that's not pay2win
pay2win is when you can pay to have an advantage free players can't obtain. free players can get those guns.

@above 2
That's like saying its not math its complex math. If you're going to classify them separately, call them pay2win faster and pay2win exclusively or something. Your naming is such a trap. "Pay to win" describes exactly what i said.

the devs did this so you would do exactly what you did. Make it sound glorified and fair.