What's your favorite continent?

Indar
15 (37.5%)
Amerish
10 (25%)
Esamir
15 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Planetside 2 - Free2Play - Ultimate Empire Showdown was terrible!! NC buffs soon  (Read 41972 times)

When does this come out of beta? I wanna play it.
I don't know about out of beta but with the release of the nda and all the players being let in I'm guessing open beta could be soon (within a month or two?). There's still a lot of bugs they have to kink out and still lots of missing content so it could be more.

still not in the beta :(

the magrider has always been OP

its never going to get nerfed because the devs love it too much

its never going to get nerfed because the devs love it too much
Magriders are easy to kill. I've killed a fully healed mag with a stationary turret before it killed me. Although I do admit yesterday we were under attack by a really coordinated squad of magriders. Had 6 of them (2 people each so it was obviously a squad) assaulting our base. LUCKILY we had a couple reavers with A2G missiles flying overhead to they helped take them down. It was pretty scary, though lol. I heard over squadchat some dude just go "oh stuff guys we got 6 magriders coming in from the ne road". It was awesome.

lol
nothing the vanu have right now are op
the scythe is completely unremarkable, maggie's gun is so low it's almost impossible to shoot over stuff, their guns are literally placeholders using the NC's stats but with worse damage, and their sniper loses damage over such a short range that its impossible to snipe with.
using it as a shotgun however...

and if anything the devs love NC, it's why rocket reaver spam is so prevalent and they're the most consistently overpopulated faction wherever you look
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:04:33 PM by Qwepir »

This is what it looked like last night for US East 2.
Lol today it was the opposite and the TR were pushed back literately 1 territory away from our dome but the well organized but high ego enclave came and after a 50 person mosquito attack we took territory after territory. Pretty awesome.

Servers are down, anyone know when they come back up? :c

They have a schedule for that.
I will look it up.
Quote from: Planetside 2 Forums
In order to provide extensive testing, Beta servers will be available Monday through Sunday. They will open at 6:00 AM PT (3:00 PM CEST) and close at 10:00 PM (7:00 AM CEST). Please feel free to use the converter below to find out what time it is where you are.

Also, devs are mainly TR, so TR gets all the good stuff, NC gets the bad stuff.
I mean, come on, our special MAX weapons...
Seriously?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:02:21 AM by lordician »

I mean, come on, our special MAX weapons...
Seriously?
Actually NC gets a lot of good stuff. Our MAXes aren't our strong point, though... I hope they make some changes to it, at least make it like ps1 scattercannon where you could adjust it at the cost of firing rate.

arrrrghhh I want a beta key aaaaa

NC gets the bad stuff.

How much farther out of the loop could you possibly be? You starfishs have the best assault rifle (or carbine, I forget), the only OHK sniper, and your fighter is straight up broken. The reason your MAX weapon is underpowered right now is because before it was nerfed it would instagib literally anything in the same room, including other MAX units. Not to mention the fact that whatever deficiencies you have in equipment are made up for by sheer numbers since wherever I look NC almost always has at least 10% more population than the other factions. Besides Higby and the Smedster are NC.

I agree on the current state of the MAX weapon though, it seems out of place compared to the machine gun-ish things the other factions have.

Yeah, NC is really powerful right now except for our MAX units. A squad of 12 of us was able to take and hold camp connery (i think) with no influence sustaining minimal casualties vs at least 20 different enemies. Maybe it was just our teamwork but I don't know. I've never seen this one hit kill sniper rifle though, maybe I'm just not hitting enough light assaults though.

as it stands, NC is the only rifle that can instakill on a headshot, and it works on everything but MAX units (and HA's with their ability active, but it might kill them too)
unlike TR's which is more like a battle rifle, and VS's which is just bad.