Author Topic: 2012/08/10 - Bugs  (Read 145184 times)

The player isn't in focus. It has always been like this.
I've been able to take focused DoF's of players before.

Also, if you open RTB and close it while playing the Tutorial, the main menu buttons will appear there.
I think that has to with opening and closing most third party GUIs, even though "In game server switch" uses a built in GUI. Anyway, Pics below.

It's not a bug, but the water looks weird a ways, out.

Now back to the main menu button glitch...

And then I close the server list...

Then the last problem of mine which has always been a problem for me.

I either get stuck waiting 1-3 minutes for it to validate my key, or it never validates then I have to click the "key" button and input my key to reset it.

Oh and lastly, I know this will probably be fixed but Shadows don't work for me. Yes it's turned on and set to high. After reading some of the post in the help forums I figure this is because I have a mac or because I have a Intel Processor.

Badspot, if you need me to post my computer specs, or need a console log or anything let me know. Thanks

I'm not positive if Badspot is aware, but the "CanvasCursor" crash isn't actually caused by the CanvasCursor package at all.

The last console line simply isn't written to console.log until the next line (which never comes) is.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:26:05 AM by TripNick »

If I try to save over an old build with the title Slate/ Pablo's Build It won't let me because apparently / is an unused character

If I try to save over an old build with the title Slate/ Pablo's Build It won't let me because apparently / is an unused character
Torque interprets / as a folder. This is probably some kind of protection against people doing stupid things and complaining their saves don't work.

If you do have this bug please upload your console.log.

Click "Aditional Options..." under the post box, click "Choose File" next to Attatch:

Go to your Blockland folder, click on "console.log" and hit "Open". Then click post.
Thanks. Done.
So it's the canvascursor glitch i've heard so much about- never got to read my own log before. Okay, lemme read through the rest of these posts and see if i can do anything.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:26:40 AM by Twizzle »

I seem to have the CanvasClient/AllClientGuis bug.
Here is my console.log:

from what i'm seeing (well, they are and i'm reading since i crash on startup) the shaders are very badly optimized and intel processers and GPUs aren't supported
I don't even like the guy a whole ton and this post seems unnecessarily rude to me. Badspot spent months developing a shader update using the same methods as any other major game engine. I'm sorry if your video card sucks but with intel cards you can hardly play ANYTHING. Some major games have the ability to set the quality of the game ridiculously low to support these cards. But let's face it; intel GPUs have a hard time rendering a scene once, forcing it to render two or more times is going to cause a massive decrease in performance. It's not his fault

It Probibly isn't the Intel Processor, Its probibly the console and launcher crashing on allClientGUI.gui(it is this).
Well, I was more referring to
  • Poor performance on embedded hardware (laptops/intel chips) - I am always open to optimizations but when even a $100 video card is 50x as fast as the best intel graphics chip there is not much I can do.  Slow computers are slow.  You should run in fixed function mode (Shader detail "off").

Sorry if this was already covered, but for some reason it crashes when I set the shadows to Low or above. On minimal everything's white.

Sorry if this was already covered, but for some reason it crashes when I set the shadows to Low or above. On minimal everything's white.

I keep crashing once I set shaders from off to high, minimal, once spawned on my server.

Here's my console.log

For future reference, unless your bug is add-on related it is best to post your console log when running with no Add-Ons. Simply rename your Add-Ons folder to "Add-Ons2" and run the game then you can delete the new "Add-Ons" folder and rename "Add-Ons2" back to "Add-Ons".

You have this problem:
Known Issues:
  • Shader compilation error "ERROR: 0:58: 'packed' : Reserved word."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:50:32 AM by TripNick »

I think I will now post my console log and the launcher if the launcher has a problem.

Major Issue, I dont get the Gamemodes and settings in the admin menu. I still have the Change map menu.