Author Topic: 2012/08/10 - Bugs  (Read 143195 times)

Quote from: Badspot
Repeated console spam of "LightManager::uninstallGLLights: no lights installed!" - Cause unknown, full console log or duplication case would be helpful

I have this problem along with the shaders not running on this computer, here is my log. It will do this console spam when you place a brick, but only the first time you place a brick. I was running all default for the purpose of testing this.

Edit: Never mind, it does the spam constantly, whenever you place a brick.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:17:48 AM by Cowboy6 »

You didn't read, I did all this. When I try to re-install it it says its finished but when I launch it I get this error and the folders arent even created in my documents.

I did read. You did not mention that you tried running as admin. The installer does not create your Documents/Blockland folders. The launcher does. The launcher appears to be the issue, if you have no launcher.log error try restarting or posting any relevant information you can find. You also don't need to post the same image twice.

So we just wait for a fix?
Sadly.

I would like to remind everyone that the more concise this topic is the less text Badspot has to read through and delete.

Only post in this thread if you have a new issue that has not listed here or have new information that about existing issues.  Unrelated / "Me too" posts will be deleted.

Only a couple major issues for me

1: For some reason, when the RTB overlay is opened, the Main Menu simply disappears, most of the time it comes back after closing the overlay, but I've had it completely disappear, and was forced to force-quit it.
2: I don't fully understand the whole "Shadows Dont Work on XXX Chipset", I use an Intel-Based CPU, which is a 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo, and a Geforce 320M Graphics Chip. Is this not supported?

(Don't get upset about my asking of the "Shadows don't work" thing. I read around, and unless I missed something, I didn't fully catch what the situation is for this.
Thanks.

You do not need to run trace. You just need to upload a console.log file after opening the game.
We are currently unaware. Do you have an intel graphics card? They're advertised on a ton of low-mid range laptops as "Intel(R) HD Graphics".
Main Menu is not a dialog. canvas.setContent(PlayGUI);
Yeah I got an intel graphics card. The Intel HD graphics core i3

Only a couple major issues for me

1: For some reason, when the RTB overlay is opened, the Main Menu simply disappears, most of the time it comes back after closing the overlay, but I've had it completely disappear, and was forced to force-quit it.
2: I don't fully understand the whole "Shadows Dont Work on XXX Chipset", I use an Intel-Based CPU, which is a 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo, and a Geforce 320M Graphics Chip. Is this not supported?
1. The RTB bug is a bug with just that, RTB.

2. Geforce cards are made by nVidia, you are safe. You could have also checked by, well, running the game and if it crashes on startup then you are not supported.

Yeah I got an intel graphics card. The Intel HD graphics core i3
I think you said Blockland still works? Good for you. I guess some intel graphics cards work, so not all hope is lost for everybody without a high end laptop.

1. The RTB bug is a bug with just that, RTB.

2. Geforce cards are made by nVidia, you are safe. You could have also checked by, well, running the game and if it crashes on startup then you are not supported.
I think you said Blockland still works? Good for you. I guess some intel graphics cards work, so not all hope is lost for everybody without a high end laptop.
I updated the driver last night to get it to work. All I basically wanted to know is why sharers will work yet shadows do not

I updated the driver last night to get it to work. All I basically wanted to know is why sharers will work yet shadows do not
Intel graphics cards do not support shaders. It's just because they're bad. However, I'm going to go update my drivers and see if it fixes the problem. I doubt it, but it could be a fix.

I am not familiar with this computer's hardware and thus can not find the proper driver update. Can one of the other 500 of you try this for me?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:48:56 AM by TripNick »

Well thats good to know.
I can start the game, everything works fine, well...
Except the shaders.
I might have started the game wrong, or something like that.
Im joining a server now to see if it'll work.
Were you previously experiencing the "CanvasClient"/allClientGUIs bug? That's all that's really important at the moment, aside from new bugs.

My Blockland has been crashing immediately. It can't be the Intel issue, because I have a 256MB GeForce 8600M GT graphics card. The client will run, but the game will crash on start-up.
If you are crashing and it isn't caused by the Intel issues or anything already stated post your console.log
How do you find the graphics card?
Go to Start>Run and type dxdiag.exe HIT enter and there you go.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:54:18 AM by Clone v.117 »

Alright, I changed it to windowed mode and started it up again, only for it to crash in the exact same way.

Any discernable reason?

Alright, I changed it to windowed mode and started it up again, only for it to crash in the exact same way.

Any discernable reason?
  • Crash on startup after "Activating Package: CanvasCursor" - Appears to be related to intel hardware, I have successfully duplicated the issue
Mine gets past the CanvasCursor to

;-; bedspot pls

Uh...

256MB GeForce 8600M GT (Dell)
You don't have to be a jackass about it. Apparently your card doesn't work with Blockland at the minute. That's useful information, when the Intel fix comes out it will also fix your nVidia card I assume. In the mean time try updating your drivers.

I have no clue how to edit Config/Clinet/Prefs.cs

Help?
find your blockland directory (somewhere in Documents by default)
click the Config folder twice in a row really fast, click the Client folder twice in a row really fast
right click the file named Prefs or Prefs.cs
go to Open With..., click on Choose default program...
find 'Notepad'. open it
press f3, type in 'fullscreen'
click Find Next so you get $pref::video::fullscreen = 1;
change it to $pref::video::fullscreen = 0;
hold ctrl and press S
???
profit