2012/08/10 - Bugs

Author Topic: 2012/08/10 - Bugs  (Read 143196 times)

when you load a saved build and try to build on it, it says BL_ID 99999 does not trust you enough to do that. Also the players shake too much while building.

when you load a saved build and try to build on it, it says BL_ID 99999 does not trust you enough to do that.
Are you loading the build as public? Did you save it in single player?

Badspot

• Administrator
Idle chit chat, uninformed speculation, repeat issues and other content free posts below this line results in ban.  I'm sorry but I have to read actually read this thread, so stop loving it up.

Lighting Bug
This bug mainly affects ATI Radeon Users (HD 4000 Series), where lights don't cast light. I tried doing a driver update to the latest Catalyst Driver, but nothing happened. I posted a console log below.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=203558.0;attach=183108

I'm getting a "WARNING: 0:143: warning(#283) Implicit cast from int to float" error and shadows aren't appearing. There's no discernible difference between Minimum and High settings. Everything else is working fine, including "shadow coloring."

Console.log is attached.

Idle chit chat, uninformed speculation, repeat issues and other content free posts below this line results in ban.  I'm sorry but I have to read actually read this thread, so stop loving it up.
Does this mean I shouldn't continue explaining peoples issues to them and trying to obtain more usable information from them?

I change the shadows and shaders to every level, but they won't work....
not really much info help, lol.

During rampage mode /useprintgun will make you unable to smash things with your hands even after you have turned the printer off.

If you're pressed up against a wall covered in shadows, at a certian angle the part of the brick near the edge of your screen will show up as if there wasn't a shadow there.

Update:

3 other people with the ATI HD Radeon 4000 Series have reported the lighting bug issue. My guess is that it's restricted to the Radeon Cards.

So I changed the lighting to be a little darker once on the pirate dm gamemode, and this happened to lots of round bricks on the map:

I didn't manage to get a console log of it at the time, if it happens again I will.

Lighting bug

When I look in certain directions the Lighting turn off and on, When i'm holding the paintcan everything seems to be allright though.
I recorded it so that you can see what I mean.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf84wUeHhHs

I'm using an NVIDEA GeForce GT 240

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:53:17 AM by JakeBlade »

After I updated my graphics card drivers (nVidia), the game ran fine. This leads me to believe that the allclientGUIs issue with the game not starting is related with outdated graphics drivers. If you can't start the game with an intel or other graphics card, try updating drivers.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:25:46 AM by Neon »

Authentication Bug
Dedicated Servers are not authenticating properly and do not appear on the master although manual join works. webcom_postserver(); doesn't work, just says "needs to authenticate before posting to the master". However, some work.

Authentication Bug
Dedicated Servers are not authenticating properly and do not appear on the master although manual join works. webcom_postserver(); doesn't work, just says "needs to authenticate before posting to the master". However, some work.
Mine work, for the record.
Try running auth_init_server(); in console.

EDIT: Since I posted anyway, Neon's graphics driver update actually fixed the crash on startup caused by the execution of allClientGUIs.gui not the curtain/window issue. It may have fixed that too, though.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:05:03 AM by TripNick »