Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2348755 times)

I disagreerequires better aim than a rocket or sticky as it has a smaller radius and unlike the former an arcIt does 6 per second for 10 seconds + the 20 for the initial hit which is 80 total, or if you get a minicrit for hitting a burning player that's 101 (only enough to kill a kunai spy). For comparison standard flare does 90 or 150 to burning players (enough to kill any light class). And unlike the detonator the scorch shot can't be manually detonated making it less effective at flare jumping as well as needing to actually hit someone to do crowd control.
youre a pyro main so none of this really means anything

it seems pretty similar
Splash with scorch shot is 6.88 feet, splash with stock rocket is 9.1 (source tf2 wiki).
ill admit the arc makes it a little more difficult from long range but it's still not that hard to land a burn; and short to mid range is obviously a cake walk
If you miss there is no burn or detonation and if you hit you do less damage than flare
well yea on it's own it doesn't do that much damage when up against an enemy with full health but if you use flamethrower for a second then switch to scorch it works too well as a combo (also for if the enemy is already somewhat damaged). 
Sure flaregun can be more deadly but it's very dodge-able unless you use the degreaser.
A strat that is much better if you use the flare gun

learn 2 aim and use the flare gun n00b lol

in fact just stop playing pyro and learn a real class like soldier or scout

Why employ strategies when you can just W+M1? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why employ strategies when you can just W+M1? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sounds like I could make a game out of this...

how 2 get better at lobbing the bombs
im bad at demoman

Splash with scorch shot is 6.88 feet, splash with stock rocket is 9.1
While that does seem like a big difference, it's still large enough (combined with its good firing speed) where it's difficult not to at least scrap your opponent.
If you miss there is no burn or detonation
the chance of missing is pretty low

A strat that is much better if you use the flare gun
potentially, yes. a good pyro can be much more efficient with a flare gun. however that requires a lot of practice with weapon switching reflexes and predictions (as i have said, the flare gun is much more dodge-able and you must land a direct hit)

While I don't think the scorch shot is necessarily op, it is very irritating to deal with and that's why i think some things should be reworked and/or nerfed

how 2 get better at lobbing the bombs
im bad at demoman
by bombs do you mean pipes? if so, a good tip is to not spam them until your clip runs out (which too many demos do) which will make you be stuck with one of the slowest reload times ever. Also, something that takes practice is predicting your opponents. Maybe shoot one pipe at them, see how they react, try to see a pattern in their movement, then give it your best guess and fire.

you cant say the flare gun is dodge-able and still defend the scorch shot for being easier to hit with for whatever reason

you cant say the flare gun is dodge-able and still defend the scorch shot for being easier to hit with for whatever reason
im not defending the scorch shot at all im saying it should get a nerf

im not defending the scorch shot at all im saying it should get a nerf
You literally said it's easier to aim a scorch than a flare

turns out I am one of 95 people with a tradable second banana

mmmm bunungo

sell it for 100000000000000000 buds

sell it to me i will give you 7 trading cards for it

There's a fun way to play TF2 where you set mat_viewportscale to a number like 0.001 and play like a near-sighted moron.