2012/08/26 - Blockland r1715

Author Topic: 2012/08/26 - Blockland r1715  (Read 46336 times)

Just kidding I get the error
ERROR: Function 'shadowCoef' is called by not defined in vertex shader.
ERROR: renderCsm_prog shader compilation failed, disabled shaders
FUS RO DAH. I was so excited :(

I'm getting the same error. I wonder what's causing it.

I'm getting the same error. I wonder what's causing it.
Badspot didn't right the function shadowCoef correctly or something. He didn't define it somewhere.
Badspot needs better mac testers.

damn you intel

I have an Intel i5 Quad-Core processor along with a video card. Intel is not the problem. The people who can't see shaders are most defiantly using integrated graphics. Your CPU is doing the graphics processing and choking down memory.

Intel is not the problem. Your lack of an actual GPU is. Note, not CPU. GPU.

Badspot

• Administrator
:cookieMonster:

Good job cutting off the error message.  You're seriously cruising for another ban.

I can see shaders, Shadows have those weird lines, keep up those new updates coming :D

Are you going to fix the Mac error?

Would it somehow be possible to prevent rain/snow from falling through bricks? Water acts like the map ground, so would it not be possible to use that coding in bricks as well? seems like it is.

Would it somehow be possible to prevent rain/snow from falling through bricks? Water acts like the map ground, so would it not be possible to use that coding in bricks as well? seems like it is.
use zones

So does this mean i can run shaders better?

:D

I'm so close... I'm only missing one of the requirements now.

So does this mean i can run shaders better?

:D
Unless you're still missing EXT_texture_array, yes. This will essentially allow you to run shaders.

I'm so close... I'm only missing one of the requirements now.
go on steam

Badspot

• Administrator

To do that it would have to raycast vs bricks for every rain drop.  It ends up being hundreds of raycasts per second and the performance cost just isn't worth it.  Raycasts probably shouldn't be that expensive but thats the way it is right now.