Author Topic: 2012/09/12 - Steam Greenlight  (Read 342227 times)

how 2 blockland font
Why did I laugh?

Badspot should implement the features above my post, because It will get more Blockland people who don't check the Forums to vote.

probably over 75% of the active blockland community don't even go on the forums. we'd reach alot more people with that vote notice at the main menu

Hell, this is not that bad of an idea, it will bring in more people, maybe have as much people as the older days.

what if we go over 888888 players
lan id should be -1 and public id should be -2

I doubt that will happen.

EDIT: On second thought, what if we get over a million players? All of the blids would be forgeted up past 1 million.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:56:30 PM by Ipquarx »

Badspot

• Administrator

If that happens I guess I'll use my tens of millions of dollars to skip over that number.  Probably not going to happen.

If that happens I guess I'll use my tens of millions of dollars to skip over that number.  Probably not going to happen.
How many people do you estimate the master server to be able to handle?

Okay, but you never know, Minecraft got way over a million players. Steam might do the same.

lan id should be -1 and public id should be -2
I may be too tired to do basic math and look really dumb here, but let's do some basic math:

Today's online players on Steam as of now has peaked at around 700,000 short of 5,000,000 users. Let's say it WAS 5,000,000 users.

TF2 is the most-played game on Steam. The peak of users playing at once as of now today is around 3,000 short of 90,000.

(90,000 / 5,000,000) * 100 = 1.8%

Being rather generous with numbers, 1.8% of the Steam community that was online today has played TF2 today (Saturday), the most popular game on Steam according to http://store.steampowered.com/stats/.

I seriously doubt that this will be an issue with Blockland.

If I could find where to get numbers of how many people actually have TF2 installed on their system and how many users are actually on Steam, I could probably be more accurate with this.

there are some logical holes in this though, so it's fine if you disregard this entirely
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:14:21 PM by otto-san »

Okay, but you never know, Minecraft got way over a million players. Steam might do the same to Blockland.
FTFY, but the chances are very unlikely.
How many people do you estimate the master server to be able to handle?
I hope you're joking, considering the master server only keeps a server list and authenticates players

If that happens I guess I'll use my tens of millions of dollars to skip over that number.  Probably not going to happen.

~ 18 million dollars to be precise, lol.

~ 18 million dollars to be precise, lol.

Except that he only gets about $9 from each purchase.

Except that he only gets about $9 from each purchase.
~7.6 million

>This game has attained 1% of necessary positive ratings so far
guys.
this must change

>This game has attained 1% of necessary positive ratings so far
guys.
this must change
we know....