Public-schooled or Home-schooled?

Poll

Which are you?

Public-schooled
81 (74.3%)
Home-schooled
28 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Public-schooled or Home-schooled?  (Read 13343 times)

You do realize in the real world(1) no one criticizes grammar because they would get there ass kicked(2)
1: You were talking about the "real world", not the forums; grammar is required in the real world.
2: You just mentioned violence here.

omg yu said equil instead of equal ur a fuking handicap dipstuff!!!!

My autocorrect on my phone didn't do stuff

It seems like Boltster will believe what he thinks forever whether there's proof of it or not. There's no use arguing with him because he'll pretty much just keep restating it until you get tired of it.

He mentioned violence by people, not specifically him.

That's just Boltster
Forgot who I was dealing with.
hue hue hue you're funny.

No, not really.
I think we shouldn't feed Böltster, we've already got beachbum going on.

1: You were talking about the "real world", not the forums; grammar is required in the real world.
2: You just mentioned violence here.

Forgot :P

Forgot :P
We'll just push your mistakes aside and take whatever you say with a grain of salt then!

No. That's not how it works.

hue hue hue you're funny.

No, not really.
that's good, because i'm not kidding

when i have kids, i'm sure as hell not pulling them out of one of the most important social learning environments they'll ever have. that's a developmental forget up because home school can't match it

Forgot who I was dealing with.I think we shouldn't feed Böltster, we've already got beachbum going on.
god forbid you should have two different opinions in a discussion thread
nah grow up

I was public schooled and those archetypes in the OP are so wrong.

I'm a homeschooler and I'm positive you missed some public school stereotypes.
Anyways, I'm a type-A.

now i've actually skimmed through the topic. still not with you guys on this

yeah, home schooled kids are free to go socialize when they want. what they're still not exposed to are the social pressures every kid faces during normal schooling. you guys can't match the inevitably forming social classes that all schools eventually have. why's that important? life still has a class system, have fun being royally screwed up by not understanding the system and where you fall.

i'd also love to see the statistics of home many home schooled kids get a girlfriend/boyfriend during their schooling. i'd bet it'd be severely reduced, because the interaction is something that has to be done intentionally rather than boys just being with girls because they're your classmates. why's that important? school is where you learn how to interact with the opposite love so that by the time you're out in the world you're not a bumbling virgin who's awkward to touch someones hand or grab someone around the waist. no girl is going to think you're cute not knowing what you're doing, there are probably a 100 better looking normal guys that do.

we had 4 home schooled kids join us in our last senior year for high school. they all performed pretty well academically, so good on them. by the time we had hit that last year, the whole year was one giant group who all ate together, talked together, nobody left out - all inclusive. the 4 home schooled kids were as awkward as forget and i don't think ever made eye contact with another person, let alone talked to us.

point is, there are a lot of hard lessons you get during schooling that you're not going to be able to replicate at home unless your mummy decides to become a bully or hire a girl to flirt with you.