Fillcan Fix: Face Error

Author Topic: Fillcan Fix: Face Error  (Read 5783 times)

- What does this fix?
If any of you have noticed, when you have the Fillcan on your player faces break if you attempt to change them. Mainly, in the avatar customization menu, changing your players face would make the icon go blank and would display a random default face when exiting back in-game. This fix fixes the player face issue.

Examples:
1: Avatar not showing correct face
2: Avatar Faces Messed Up
3: Broken Face Packs

- What was wrong?
From what I know, the reason why player faces would break like this is because when using the Fillcan on a player, it would display a random face for effect. The command for it was outdated during an unknown update. Simply going through the .cs and replacing all $face with $randFace would fix this issue.

- Was it worth re-releasing the Fillcan to fix such a small bug?
Maybe not, but I know that Ive had this face issue for a long time and its been annoying. Releasing a fix for it would put this issue to bed for good, I feel that it was the right course of action.

If you disagree, please comment why. If this issue still persists, please say so.

You can get the fixed Fillcan HERE
Credit to []----[] for the actual fix and credit to the main creators of the Fillcan
I did nothing but make the topic

Nice.  loving hated that problem.

Someone should make a better version of the Fill can with more features and call it the FullCan.

Like the Duplorcator replaced the Duplicator.

what features would there be to add..?

what features would there be to add..?
Ability to select certain Bricks and not paint others like the selector.
Ability to paint every other brick but certain ones.
New Color and Projectile look.
Can be selected while holding normal spray can and pushing a keybinded button.
Affecting players is toggleable.
Doesn't overwrite original fillcan.

1. Ability to select certain Bricks and not paint others like the selector.
2. Ability to paint every other brick but certain ones.
3. New Color and Projectile look.
4. Can be selected while holding normal spray can and pushing a keybinded button.
5. Affecting players is toggleable.
6. Doesn't overwrite original fillcan.

1. Use the normal paint can and stop being lazy.
2. Learn to build more effectively and this won't be a problem.
3. We CAN add new color already.  The projectile look isn't important or necessary to change.
4. There already is an add-on allowing keybinding for it.
5. Why?  WHY?!
6. But if you're fixing it with more stuff, then why would you NEED the old one?

Oh, could you please link me to your response on #4 (Can be selected while holding normal spray can and pushing a keybind button)?

1. Use the normal paint can and stop being lazy.
2. Learn to build more effectively and this won't be a problem.
3. We CAN add new color already.  The projectile look isn't important or necessary to change.
4. There already is an add-on allowing keybinding for it.
5. Why?  WHY?!
6. But if you're fixing it with more stuff, then why would you NEED the old one?
Well you said that from your perspective this was a easy fix and didn't really need to be released.

So I gave some features to make it more worthy for release.

Well you said that from your perspective this was a easy fix and didn't really need to be released.
So I gave some features to make it more worthy for release.

The bug was fixed because it broke something. Besides, the suggestions you gave are not really things than can be or should be done. The Fillcan can't really be improved.
The Duplorcator was made to fix errors. The same reason this was released. To fix errors.

Oh, could you please link me to your response on #4 (Can be selected while holding normal spray can and pushing a keybind button)?

Client_Tools
It lets you set a key bind to use the Fillcan through a GUI. I have no idea what or why "can be selected while holding normal spray can" would ever be useful.

And now I can use the fillcan again.

Oh the fill can was doing that? never would've guessed, thanks!

RTB one should be replaced with this one.