Author Topic: Klein bottles: you know a glass vial is metal if it manages to defy everything.  (Read 5214 times)

What you are seeing is glass work, what is claimed to be impossible is a 3d computer rendering of something physically and mathematically impossible, therefore it does not exist.

This is the kind of stuff scientists and philosophers come up with when they OD on too many recreational drugs. This stuff is just a bunch of junk. HERESY I SAY

spheres have an obvious inside and outside.
They're symetricical?

i'm not sure why there's such a big fuss about this

They're symetricical?
spheres are symmetrical*
symmetry meaning "the same but opposite on all sides"

that pic in the op isn't the best representation. this is actually REALLY loving TRIPPY. pretty cool actually

that pic in the op isn't the best representation. this is actually REALLY loving TRIPPY. pretty cool actually
Still physically impossible

Still physically impossible
yeah, that's why the op isn't a good picture lol
a picture of an actual bottle is already inaccurate

but this isn't

I literally made pretty much the exact same thing in second grade using a jacket sleeve. It's not nearly as complicated as you're making it out to be.

I literally made pretty much the exact same thing in second grade using a jacket sleeve. It's not nearly as complicated as you're making it out to be.
thisthisthisthisthis^^^^^^^^^^^^

yeah, that's why the op isn't a good picture lol
a picture of an actual bottle is already inaccurate

but this isn't

This pic should be added to the OP for all those non-mathies out there

i really don't see how a klein bottle is that complicated or how people see that everything poured into it "disappears"

i really don't see how a klein bottle is that complicated or how people see that everything poured into it "disappears"

In Math it should. In reality, no.

But since it is all one sided, doesn't that mean everything is on the inside of it, including the entire universe?
A standard cup has one side. Stop being dumb.

A Klein bottle is physically impossible to superimpose on a three-dimensional universe, in the same way a sphere might appear to be only a growing then shrinking circle as it passed through a two dimensional plane. A theoretical physical model can only be approximated, since we're only seeing a "sliver" of it in 3-D space.