Author Topic: Paper Mario: Sticker Star  (Read 6925 times)

i dunno, i kinda expected it to be longer

don't you miss the times in your childhood when you could play a game without beating it in 5 days or less? the original paper mario took me like 3 months to complete when i was a little kid lol
When I first played Paper Mario, I was having a blast. I agree about the longer game thing, but part of it has to do with you being older. Since you've grown up, you'd notice games can be beaten much faster than when you played as a kid. Such as for many games I played when I was like 5 or 6 for months, I can beat them in a day or two.

you being bad =/= game length

i got to world four after taking forever in world three
i've noticed there isn't really a story to this game like past paper marios. no cut-aways to see what the forget is going on with bowser or peach, no "we need to get the next star Mario!" dialogs, you just keep going to the next level

though i've read miyamoto intentionally ditched the story for this game
i can't imagine why

Thousand year door was written by Steve Thomason, Sticker Star doesn't seem to have a lead writer.

i got to world four after taking forever in world three

i'm at the gooper blooper boss battle now. catching all those wiggler segments which kept running off was such an INSANE CHORE

i've noticed there isn't really a story to this game like past paper marios. no cut-aways to see what the forget is going on with bowser or peach, no "we need to get the next star Mario!" dialogs, you just keep going to the next level

though i've read miyamoto intentionally ditched the story for this game
i can't imagine why

yeah it's kind of boring, i wish there was an actual story.

also kersti is such an annoying little stuff
seriously
she also barely gives you any advice

i was in the desert
i didn't know what to do
so i called her for "advice"
her advice was "we need to get the next royal sticker!"

hurr durr, no stuff kersti

well i'm at world 4-3 now

i love how there's like, only shiny stickers in this world

you being bad =/= game length
I wasn't bad as a kid. In fact, I beat the game as one. But still, since I've had experiences with many games at this age, I can navigate through games much faster.
So yes, being bad doesn't make the game longer, but being a pro or speeding through the game obviously will make you play it shorter.

Is there an actual point in killing enemies?

Oh, don't tell me there's no experience system.

Oh, don't tell me there's no experience system.

ok, there's no experience system but I won't tell you about it

shhhhhhit

i'm fairly certain that the more enemies you kill, the more coins appear at the end of the level
but that's about it. simple enemies are sticker wasters

i'm fairly certain that the more enemies you kill, the more coins appear at the end of the level

But coins are extremely easy to get anyways :c

simple enemies can be defeated in the overworld if you've grown powerful enough, which is great.

But coins are extremely easy to get anyways :c

they better be since everything's so goddamn expensive

but uh, i have a little warning i need to give to people:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO THE MAJOR BOSS OF WORLD 3 YET: DO NOT USE THE BILLIARD BALL THERE OR THE GAME WILL CRASH.

I have never played a Paper Mario game. Is this one worth starting out on?